1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
looks like a normal suspension lift, with a cantilever setup. BnC Offroad did a setup exactly like this over a year ago on an obs caddy or denali. This type of setup has been out for a while. I think the only good thing about it is that it offers a little more travel with a shorter shock, because of the lever system. But that doesn't matter anyway, because an ifs 4wd truck won't have that much travel to begin with.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
klemmentine said:
looks like a normal suspension lift, with a cantilever setup. BnC Offroad did a setup exactly like this over a year ago on an obs caddy or denali. This type of setup has been out for a while. I think the only good thing about it is that it offers a little more travel with a shorter shock, because of the lever system. But that doesn't matter anyway, because an ifs 4wd truck won't have that much travel to begin with.
WRONG! it was a N-FAB set up

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I don't know what an "N-FAB" setup is???

All i know is that it is a cantilever shock system on a regular suspension lift. BnC did a setup almost exactly like this over a year ago.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So its not normally good?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I think it's more for show. I don't think it's a bad setup. I think the whole point of it is to use a cheaper, smaller shock, but get a lot of travel through the lever system. Like.. you can use a 8" fox shock, yet by using the cantilever setup, it will offer the same amount of travel as a 14" shock.

But, like i said earlier, on a ifs 4wd, it's not going to give you any more travel, because other things limit the travel, not the shock.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
no

your shock will never bottom out or over extend. i doubt it would affect ride quality.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
like i said earlier, on a ifs 4wd, it's not going to give you any more travel, because other things limit the travel, not the shock.
Like I already said.

The shocks have more room to travel with the lever setup. But it doesn't increase your wheel travel, because other things limit it. (Bump stops, cv angles, bj angles, sway bar links, limit strap etc.) So many things would limit wheel travel before the shocks on a cantilever setup would over extend or bottom out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Angry Samoan said:
WRONG! it was a N-FAB set up
you're both wrong...N-Fab wasnt N-Fab then...it was Woodlands Suspension Works...it turned into N-Fab after class-action shit shut WSW down...and it wasnt BNCs truck...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I never said that BnC made the setup... all i meant was that they used a setup exactly like that one on an obs caddy or denali. I have no clue if it was n-fabs or not.

CST also used a cantilever setup on the rear-end of their long travel 4wd project truck.

BnC Offroad did a setup exactly like this over a year ago on an obs caddy or denali.

·
Registered
779 Posts
klemmentine said:
how am I wrong?
the denali/escalade that you are referring to was build by woodlands suspsension works aka nfab...bnc might have worked on it later but the original build was by WSW...and i was just tryin to be a smart ass haha..no harm intended :crazy:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Ok, no problem.
I just remember seeing it on their site. I figured they did the suspension lift on it. I wasn't sure what cantilever setup it had, but I remembered seeing it on there.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
By the way, putting leverage on a shock does affect a the ride quality. It makes the shock softer. You get more travel at the expense of firmness. Its comparable to a breaker bar on a stubborn bolt, you have more leverage on the bolt, therefore it is easier to turn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.