GMC Truck Forum banner

New vailance for the ride

4K views 60 replies 37 participants last post by  Jeff 
#1 ·
Hey guys just bought a Z71 tahoe vailance off ebay the other day an it came in yesterday. I ordered a "set" of fog lights with it but after reading the fine print it was just 1 fog light so im short one right now. But got the vailance installed and im not sure if im happy with it. Kinda thinkin about geting the vailance painted white or either the chrome bumper painted. What do you guys think?:hmm:

Old

New

See less See more
Discussion starter · #12 ·
Someone on ebay was selling them for $75 and i bought one.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Looks good to me but if you decide you don't want the z71 valence I'll pay you what you bought it for and come get it. :)

Edit: Just let me know what you do cause I might be intrested in buying which ever one you don't want, if you want to see one.

Thats cool i can do that. Just havent made up my mind yet

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I say paint it, I got mine from the same ebay seller here's a pic.

Thanks for showing that pic never seen one that been painted. Im getting some prices on it tomarow so should have it done soon

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Waiting on it to dry right now :pepper:

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Word, I liked it without paint. :shrug: Im not a big fan of white trucks with painted lower valances.
Yea... not sure if i really like the look of it to much. Thinking about changing up but not sure with what

Discussion starter · #52 ·
just a small amout on the front if you hit a hard bump while turning is all. no problem with the back

Discussion starter · #56 ·
The grille, i used my factory grill sanded it down, primor, and painted it with dupli color paint, same thing with the bottom vailance. I had a smooth bumper cap ordered and painted at a local body shop

Discussion starter · #58 ·
I been thinking about a SS bumper but havent still unsure of how it will look. But havent been able to find a HD hood localy yet still looking for one.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
I'm gonna have to say, definitely no SS bumper on your ride... It has two giant, sharp, square ports at the bottom of it... nowhere on your truck is anything square really... you see what I'm saying? would look way out of place and too "wannabe".

With the SS parts I think you've gotta go all the way, or no way.

I think what you have is clean, stick with it and work it... but I still say ditch the chrome.
Right... think im gone end up painting the bumper white one day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.