GMC Truck Forum banner

new wheels; not installed

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  brucebruce45 
#1 ·
Sat afternoon i met up with my friend to get the centerline 20x8.5s from him.

the wheels were sitting around for a couple of years and really needed some TLC.

nice brushed finish?

Hmmm...i got the buffer and my polish after one of the spokes...clearly not a brushed finish..

look how black the wheels are from dirt and filth

After just one once over...see my towel on the left??

several hours later....3 down.

i finished the forth around 12 am. i think they could all use another polishing, but not bad for 2 hours work...

See less See more
#9 ·
i got the wheels for 200 bucks. these are stand by wheels....something to put on so i can do the full drop and have a little style while i save for the 22s i want.
That will do just fine.

Surprised youre not going the typical GMFS/CGM route and running reps or stockers.

#10 ·
That will do just fine.

Surprised youre not going the typical GMFS/CGM route and running reps or stockers.
everyone wants me too...that's for sure. i get non-stop comments like "you should put on the new 22" GMCs" or "the trailerblazer reps would look good!"

that and black rhinos....you wouldn't believe how many times these have been sent to me

#15 ·
lol.

i'm still on the fence about the tires. current tires are 31.5 tall. tires i was originally gonna get were 275/45/20s....with are 29.7x10.8R20.

but i'm considering staying with a bit more sidewall and getting 275/50/20...which are 30.8 tall.
If your truck is lo at least 4/6 go with the 275/45 at the tallest. You will rub out if you go any taller shit I have even rubbed out on my front with my 265/35/22's on a big dip. Your wheels looks great and nice job on the polishing they just needed some love and now they look great! Can't wait to see some pictures!

#16 ·
If your truck is lo at least 4/6 go with the 275/45 at the tallest. You will rub out if you go any taller shit I have even rubbed out on my front with my 265/35/22's on a big dip. Your wheels looks great and nice job on the polishing they just needed some love and now they look great! Can't wait to see some pictures!
the thing is...i kinda like the stance as it sits. could be a tad lower. The 275/45s would drop the truck .75...and then i could get another .75 out of the drop (with shackles). then....front airdam gets murdered? lol that's why i was thinking 30.8. then it's only a .38 drop.

opinions?

#17 ·
the thing is...i kinda like the stance as it sits. could be a tad lower. The 275/45s would drop the truck .75...and then i could get another .75 out of the drop (with shackles). then....front airdam gets murdered? lol that's why i was thinking 30.8. then it's only a .38 drop.

opinions?
On that truck yeah you probably right I was thinking you had NBS .. truck looks sweet :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.