GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and ordered a set of these in 16x8 yesterday. This was a set of 15x8's with 33x12.50s that the guy was going to mount on an OBS...I wheeled them next to my truck to get an idea on what they would look like. Now, should leave the whitewalls out or should i have blackwalls out? you be the judge...they'll be here next Thursday.

with whitewalls out...
MyTruckWheels.jpg

with blackwalls out (edited)...
MyTruckWheels2.jpg

BTW...its these wheels if ya haven't figured it out...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
BLACKWALLS OUT! :read:

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
i like em but there alittle 2 shiny

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
black out. I think you need a tad bit more lift, that tire looks too big.

badhabitcustomssig.jpg

if he were to actually mount them, the difference would be half of the entire tire. if they're 33s and his are 31s, he's only got an extra ince of tire to dea with, as it will effectively raise the truck 1". er, something like that. thats a bitch to explain, but you get what im driving at.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im already running a set of ford keys and 4" blocks...fenders measure a little over 3" over a stock Z with the 285's im running. The tires in the pic look a little larger than what they really are cuz they weren't mounted on my truck with any weight or anything on them...they're set up against my rims behind them on the outside of my truck. The 285's im running now fit perfect and pretty much sit perfect with the stance of the truck, they just need to be bumped out too look good with my flares. Once the tires wear out, possibly may bump up to 315's with either a BL or 6" SL...but thats about another year or more away...I'll post up some pics when there mounted later :head2:

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
are those just black DC1's? i think theyll look sick!

white out deff

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So yeah, I get a call today from the place where I bought the wheels and he said that Dick Cepek called him back to tell him that there working on some issues with the wheels and that its gonna be atleast a month before I can get them...:nono: so should I go ahead and stick with them or get something else?

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
White letters out :imo

Those wheels look good; stick with them if the problems they're having is nothing serious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts