GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im want to get a magnaflow muffler and want to dump it before the rear axle but should i get the single in/dual out muffler and have dual turndowns or just get the single in/single out muffler...I am confused :insane:. I did a search but i didnt seem to find anything that related..thanks for any help

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
just get what ever is cheaper because it should make no performace difference

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I agree 100%. Dual exits might make the sound a tad bit deeper. A single exit might make it a tad bit louder. The diameter of the inlet or outlet(s) might also make a slight difference, but like dkj1028 said, just there will be no performance gain, so just get what's the cheapest.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
edit-

actually, thinking about the issue more, i think a dual exit muffler with dumps might resonate less. magnaflow mufflers and other similar mufflers have a tendancy to resonate around 1800-2000 rpm. but with dual exits dumped, maybe the sound will exit without bouncing around in the muffler case as much. not sure, but for the little extra cost might be worth it if it works.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I say get the muffler for the least amont of casth...it;ds dumped...hell even the 5x11x22 will resonate with dumps....:drunk: :D

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
i would go with a 40 seires flowmaster, dual outlet, u need to let all those little rice rockets know what a real power sounds like :rocking: . mine resonates A LOT at about 2200 rpms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your input...i just ordered the 5x8x18 3"in/3"out muffler and will be picking it up tomorrow :D

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Hey man said:
thanks for all your input...i just ordered the 5x8x18 3"in/3"out muffler and will be picking it up tomorrow :D
that muffler resonated quite a bit in 3rd gear while cruising for me. but once you kick into 4th its silent. sounds mean when you get on it too :head:

i had a full tailpipe tho, i would imagine a dump will resonate less because you get more good NOISE to drown it out :rocking: :rocking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts