GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a 2007 1500 silverado new body style crew cab z71 18 " rims im ready for a 6" lift i want 35 12.50 tires can i use my rims or do i need to get new ones and is there any particular lift that would be best ive been combing this forum and am still a confused . thanks

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Rough country will allow use of stock rim. I think others will with spacers.

I don't like stock rims on lifted trucks, but that is personal preference.

Also, forming sentences w/ punctuation would make things easier to read and understand.

Edit:

That was for the people saying to not be an asshole to the new guys.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just "Googled" lifted trucks with stocks rims and you do have a point they dont exactly look right. im going to force some new rims into my budget thanks.

·
Parking garages ftl
552 Posts
If you want to run stock rims look into a "full drop" lift kit. Check out either Pro-comp or superlift. The full drop kits allow use of stock rims and do not increase the track witdh. The kits drop the diff a full 6" so they also have relatively good angles.
One of the big reasons why I went with a full drop is because: use of the stock rims = big money savings

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
If you want to run stock rims look into a "full drop" lift kit. Check out either Pro-comp or superlift. The full drop kits allow use of stock rims and do not increase the track witdh. The kits drop the diff a full 6" so they also have relatively good angles.
One of the big reasons why I went with a full drop is because: use of the stock rims = big money savings
He has a NNBS. Your talking NBS trucks Obviously.

Also stock rims are too narrow for the wide tires :imo

·
Registered
912 Posts
Good decision on going with different wheels. Many of the lifts for the NNBS trucks will not allow you to use the stockers anyway. You will be glad you went with aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im gonna go with new rims the truck has to look right or i wont be happy thanks guys

·
Registered
137 Posts
just keep your eye open for deals. I got a set of XD diesel 17s chomes on my door step for less then 700 bucks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what about the install of the lift, ive combed over the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward should i attempt it myself? i havent bought the lift yet i want to make sure i get the right one before i invest.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
what about the install of the lift, ive combed over the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward should i attempt it myself? i havent bought the lift yet i want to make sure i get the right one before i invest.
Do you have help? Do you have the tools? Do you have any knowledge of vehicles and suspension? Can you change your own oil atleast?

I would tell everyone to install their own lift if they are total clueless. Good way to learn, if you have help that can teach you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont really have help, i have the tools, i have vehicle knowledge i just never did any suspention work before, id love to learn but it would be nice if i had some help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts