GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on hear a few times to find stuff out about my wifes '99 Tahoe. I've been busy with these(my toys):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=212753&goto=newpost
and this:
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/vbgarage/vbgarage-member-43847.html
We've got about 15k into the Tahoe even though it doesn't show much. My motto is, as stuff need replacing, you upgrade. So when the trans went, we had it built to handle 400hp. When she had to have the 22's we upgraded the suspension, added front/rear Hotchkis sway bars and did the brakes(Front/Rear Baer 13' rotors). It also has the "Cool" air intake by K&N and a Magnaflow muffler with dual Bowtie tips out the rear. We cleaned up the front end with a smoothie front chrome bumper and a Diamond clear lights up front an rear LED's. We had all the windows re-tinted so it's almost impossible to see in. I had my brother shoot the handles and mirrors to match the body. We also removed all of the trim from the body. Oh yeah, the rear end has 4:10's to off set the 22's. While we were in there we added the Posi so both wheels turn! Nothing like 2 wheel peel! Someday we want to upgrade the motor and add a supercharger, but the Vortec runs strong for now. Apparently I can't upload any pics of it from my laptop by browsing. They all seem to be to large of a file. Any tips on this? I shrunk it down to a thumbnail! Do I need to have it hosted elsewhere? Thanks to those with the tips on the tire balance issues in the past. Still shakes in the front at 70mph+, but we've learned to drive the speed limit. Later Daniel U

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
The site doesn't like uploads :imo Your best bet is to upload them to photobucket or the like and then copy the IMG tag link and paste it in your post. Welcome to the site :shake:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try these....
000_0255.gif

000_0254-1.gif

000_0253.gif

These pics were taken just before I removed the moldings on the side.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100_0012.gif
Here's one of the rear.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ride man, I think it would be better with a painted front rather than the chrome, but its looking good :head:
Yeah, it's the wife's ride, so I let her do what she wanted. I'm just glad it's not stock. She goes to shows with me and is getting into it slowly. She got direction from me when it came to moving parts and gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts