GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum, I have a 97 sil ext. I don't use the truck as a daily driver. It's kinda a work/fool around thing. I have OEM wheels and have found a set of TIS 03 20's for it. My issue is the guy I am buying them from says you have to run an adapter (wheels are 6 lug) ? is this ok and have you had any issues with adapters.

I can pick up the set of four for dirt cheap, just have to buy 2 center caps which are missing, I have managed to find some online for around 35 bucks per cap.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd suggest figuring out how the adapter will affect your spacing and offset. It could make for a bad time. Some of the guys on here are really good with the math behind things like this and hopefully can pitch in. A good deal is only a good deal if it will work for you.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for my ignorance but what does OBS mean?
OBS is Old Body Style, or the 88-98 body style.

I agree, those are some pretty hideous wheels, I would avoid them.

I assume since you said you needed adapters, you have a 2wd 5 lug. I would look for a different set of wheels already in your 5x5 lug pattern. Keep in mind, if you were to buy adapters you are looking at roughly ~$200 for adapters, and they will push your wheels out roughly 1.5" farther, which is not desirable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AHHHH Ok I see! I will take your advice and pass on them. I would rather have some with the correct bolt pattern. Since I am on a serious budget my options are limited. I did find another set that was on a 95. It seems there are a TON of 20" wheels for sale on c.l. just in the 6 lug pattern.

Thanks gents

·
Banned
86 Posts

:lewx4:

don't buy them just because they're a good deal, i get caught up in the same thing sometimes with wanting to buy stuff, but honestly these are the ugliest tis wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts