GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

New to this board. I got a 94 stepside which I am rebuilding. Rolled it last year doing 110. Hopefully I am putting a whole rear custom tube frame on it and making a 4 link.. and a inner rollcage. I want to connect the 2 frames for a 0 flex truck. Probably gonna keep ifs for a few years (money) but its getting a 14ff with disks and coils in the rear. Hopefully gonna be able to get a ls2, new tranny (nv4500 prob), and a 205 case. If i dont end up doing all this to the truck im putting a new cab on...its getting done to a ifs chevy regardless. Im probably only gonna run like 35's. Going for more of a desert truck type thing...everything is gonna be built for severe thrashing. Just figured i'd come in and tell my fullsize project story.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Sounds awsome. If you need info on rebuilding the 14ff I have a prety decent write up on it on my sfa page. Sounds like you got the right idea about getting rid of that 10 bolt!

Didnt know there were deserts in NH?? :crazy:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
one thing to consider.....a zero flex truck(as in frame flex) is much more stressful on joints and connections. if you look at all the HUGE big rigs they all use open C channels because the flex helps them not crack under high torque loads.

sounds like a neat plan tho with the cage :head:

welcome to GFMS

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna post some pictures but you guys have a 50kb upload limit... I'll post them on my server and link them. Btw, this was a 94 4x4, 4.3 tbi, reg cab stepside, nv3500... was a good truck.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Kilborg said:
Hey guys

New to this board. I got a 94 stepside which I am rebuilding. Rolled it last year doing 110. Hopefully I am putting a whole rear custom tube frame on it and making a 4 link.. and a inner rollcage. I want to connect the 2 frames for a 0 flex truck. Probably gonna keep ifs for a few years (money) but its getting a 14ff with disks and coils in the rear. Hopefully gonna be able to get a ls2, new tranny (nv4500 prob), and a 205 case. If i dont end up doing all this to the truck im putting a new cab on...its getting done to a ifs chevy regardless. Im probably only gonna run like 35's. Going for more of a desert truck type thing...everything is gonna be built for severe thrashing. Just figured i'd come in and tell my fullsize project story.
... the same Kilborg I used to chat with on atving?...

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup. The one and only.

Whats up shifty/thumper/etc?

Willys...I'v had the idea for awile now actually. You just beat me to it, hehe...I'm still gathering up my goodies. I'v followed your truck along for a few years now (on the various sites you go to which I happen to patronize).It's really coming along...good work. I never really had anything to go by but now that I see yours it gives me more ideas on what exactly I am going to do. I had a 3d model of how it would look, but the power blinked before I saved it. I'll try to host up some pics of what she looks like now...Its pretty much in the same condition but its stripped some. Snow fell before I finished putting the new cab on so that is holding me back.

Willy's, I might pm you with some questions since you have already undertook a similar project. I'm just barely starting out really...I have the plan and know basically everything I am doing but I might want a second opinion on some things. Just to let you know, I'm not trying to rip you off or anything...I'v been thinking of building a "super-truck" so to speak for a few years now...and after I rolled my mint stocker a nice oppurtunity presented itself. I want to get the Rear section of the chassis completed with the new suspension and axle and the cage all assembled first. the nv4500 and np205 will go in too when I get the rearend setup. Due to money, Ifs is gonna stay on for the time being. I will do probably a +6 inch subframe drop style lift (kinda an oxy moron heh) so I can run 35's. Once this is done, I'll be literally done now becuase I want to put an ls2 6.0 (which will cost a pretty penny). It might just end up with a ls1 (oh no anything but that!) or a standard 350. Million dolalr moneypit. Eventually, a dana 60 will go under the front with some coils too.... Yes I realize this is a massive plan and will probably take the better part of my 20's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts