GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 2WD, and just ordered an RCX 6" lift kit. My truck is white and pictured below. What wheels should I get?

As far as fitment and clearance purposes it looks like I need at least a 17" wheel. But what offset, backspace, and centerbore am I supposed to get? This is the part that gets confusing to me.

Thanks for any advice! :wave:

2_zpsnw8h4ojm.gif

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTT

need to get wheels before wife comes home. from a place that offers no returns.

Really confused about backspacing, offset, hub bore, etc. Not sure if I'll need spacers? I do know my bolt pattern.

I plan on getting 33's, and I prefer the wheels tucked in as much as I can, instead of sticking way out.

Kit I bought: http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-234n2.html

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
BTT

need to get wheels before wife comes home. from a place that offers no returns.

Really confused about backspacing, offset, hub bore, etc. Not sure if I'll need spacers? I do know my bolt pattern.

I plan on getting 33's, and I prefer the wheels tucked in as much as I can, instead of sticking way out.

Kit I bought: http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-234n2.html

If you want then tucked in, run factory wheels

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you do get new wheels and tires would you sell your stock ones? If you would what would be price? Thanks

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want then tucked in, run factory wheels
I don't think (very little information out there) that I can run my oem 16" wheels with this lift. Honestly I wouldn't want to. It is time for a change I think. I don't want anything smaller than a 17, or larger than a 20. Im thinking probably 17 or 18 inch wheel would be good. Thoughts?

If you do get new wheels and tires would you sell your stock ones? If you would what would be price? Thanks
I was going to ebay them and put it towards tires. Im not sure what they go for. These have 55k on them and look brand new. Tires probably have around 65% tread remaining. I will be happy to sell for a fair price if you're interested. Not sure how much shipping would be. Reckon I'll need the boxes from the new wheels to ship em.

·
2002 ECSB 4x4
104 Posts
The search bar in the upper right corner of the page will be the best help. The thread i would begin to look through would be the the "what hits what fits" thread. You can look through tons of pages of information on what fits best for whichever lift.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
You can run stock wheels with a .25" spacer. It's funny I have mentioned mutiple times I had this lift yet you never asked any questions.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can run stock wheels with a .25" spacer. It's funny I have mentioned mutiple times I had this lift yet you never asked any questions.
ok maybe I should just run stockers? or are they really bad looking?

ive tried searching for threads containing 2wd 6" rcx lifts and can find none lol. doesnt look like there are many people with this lift?

do you still run this lift? should I get shock boots? thanks a lot. :crazy:

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
No I sold the truck but I still see it around often. You can get shock boots if you feel the need to trap dirt.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Link didn't work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those were alright 20 years ago.
I don't know, I kind of like how they're somewhat OEMesque' and not overly flashy or otherside retarded looking. The truck is 15 years old.

Honestly the wheels on your truck are really gay looking. I just wanted to avoid that "trying too hard" look as much as possible. I wanted a rugged looking truck rim, and not some ghetto chrome dipped chariot wheel. No offense, of course.

I did like the ion wheels I seen on eBay a lot better though. but discounttiredirect does not sell them. The're running a promotion right now, 100 off any wheel and tire purchase over 400. So I was going to stagger my wheel and rim purchases to get 300 off. But it may be worth it to just get the wheels I want. I think these would look good;

$_12.jpg

2_zpsnw8h4ojm.gif

But would they fit????????
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-18-18x9...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4635c27b1f&vxp=mtr

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
You understand that your front track width is going to be pushed out about 1.5" right.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts