GMC Truck Forum banner

newbie needs 07 Silverado lift advice

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RRPZ 
#1 ·
I am in the market for a new 07 Siverado. Any recommendations on lift, tires, wheels, etc. would be appreciated. I dont want to go taller than 35" tires. I have heard a lot about the stabilitrak issues and would like to know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

jv

#2 ·
I have the Fabtech and love it. No problems with Stabilitrak either. As far as tires and wheels go...that depends on what you want out of the truck. With wheels, make sure they have no more than 5" backspacing and your good to go.

edit: Welcome to GMfullsize man :shake:

#3 ·
HS,
Thanks for the reply. I am looking at 35" BFG AT's or Toyo AT's. I do 25K miles per year, most of them highway/freeway. The truck will be a daily driver with no offroading except for the occasional 4wd need on weekend ski trips. I was also looking at the 6.0 Max with Max trailering. I am thinking the heavier duty rear end, tranny, axles and 4.10's might increase the reliability of the truck. I keep my vehicle at least 5 years and I know GM wont warranty my drivetrain once its lifted. What are your thoughts on my build and the type of driving I do?

jv

BTW, Thats a strong looking Sierra!

#5 ·
HS,
Thanks for the reply. I am looking at 35" BFG AT's or Toyo AT's. I do 25K miles per year, most of them highway/freeway. The truck will be a daily driver with no offroading except for the occasional 4wd need on weekend ski trips. I was also looking at the 6.0 Max with Max trailering. I am thinking the heavier duty rear end, tranny, axles and 4.10's might increase the reliability of the truck. I keep my vehicle at least 5 years and I know GM wont warranty my drivetrain once its lifted. What are your thoughts on my build and the type of driving I do?

jv

BTW, Thats a strong looking Sierra!
Both of those AT's are good tires. the 4.10 gears would still need to be changed out to 4.56s for 35s if you got the Vortec Maxx. I think you could get by with the 5.3 and 10 bolt. As long as you dont dog the truck, you shouldnt have any problems and the 5.3 has PLENTY of power once you regear the truck and have it tuned.

#7 ·
The Fabtech kit is very nice, It installs like a breeze. However that kit isn't very big so you may end up running a body lift. Screw it, go with the FTS 10"! done deal. One lift, one install. Thats the way I like to do it.
Fabtech is the largest kit. It is advertised as 7" but its an 8" kit. Pro comp and the rest are only 6". 1700 for the fabtech, 100 for strut spacers and you have 10" lift for 1800.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.