GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not new to the site, been coming here for years for info, opinions, etc. On my last truck, '14 LTZ 4x4 I finally registered but don't think I really ever posted anything. So...I suppose I'm a newbie in that sense. Recently I thought I needed a change of ass-toter and had been in four-bys for a while so I traded the LTZ in on a new '15 Yukon. I did all the stuff I was thinking to it, 2" drop coil in rear, debadged, tint match, painted grill emblem, 24" DUB Shot Callas...looks BA to me, turned out just like I like it!! The plan was to drive it for a year (I get bored pretty easily with my cars, I think I like working on them better than owning them!) and pass it to my wife and trade her rig on me a new P/U. Well, it actually only lasted a few weeks and my dealer "made me a deal I couldn't refuse" on a new leftover '14 Denali w/Z71 package. So, I did what anybody would do...I borrowed my wifes Rover and without telling her, I traded it for a new P/U!! I'm starting to work on it now. Just tint so far, but I ordered a 2.5" RC yesterday as i'm going to go mild with this one since I do drive so many miles. Plans are the RC, 33's on stock Denali wheels...probably the new Nitto G2s, mild debadge, etc. Thanks for all the info shared here, though it can be tough to navigate some of the threads that are over 300 pages and span years looking for what you want to know!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a pic of old LTZ and new Yukon, but can't figure out how to post them...I'm over my limit or something?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome! Try photobucket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
That Yukon is nice! I like the plans for the Denali too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man...my RC kit should be here Monday as well as the tires. I guess I'll try to get those on there on Tuesday. I decided to stick with the Toyo AT2s again...I had really great luck out of my last set. I was torn between them and the new G2s from Nitto. I let experience overrule... Now, I'd like to have had some Goodyear Duratracs, but they're damned expensive!

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Daaaaamn - you gots the monies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leveling kit came in yesteday and tires are waiting on me at the tire shop!! Install going down today... I know it's not a huge deal, but it makes such an enormous change in the look of these trucks! I just don't get why GM won't just level these suckers up from the factory...even if it were just an option.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
you in the railroad business or something? I would've kept the LTZ IMO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No...no railroad here. LTZ was nice...first trade was never for the reason of not liking the truck. In fact, the second was due to missing it! As far as which I'd rather have, I'd sure have a hard time picking it over this Denali. I did like the way it turned out, but I just installed the level/lift and Toyos on the stock Denali 20" on my new truck and I absolutely love the look! It's mild, but custom and looks like a truck. I've got a couple small things left to do to it, but mainly I'm just going to drive and enjoy it.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
lloks good

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
those mirrors look a little off for that truck though...big square body truck and tiny little mirrors

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha! You're so right...need some tows I guess! The shape of the tows does match up with the squared off fender well openings much better. Maybe a mod down the road...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts