GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am newbie here and had a real newbie question.

I am looking for a rig (2wd or 4wd) and wanted to know what year would be the best bang for the buck.

This rig will be mostly for fun, trailering and hauling...but still want to be able to drive the rig and not be embarassed.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you...

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
need more info man.......

how much are you looking to spend? how many miles are you aiming for? ext. what are you going to be towing? that kinda crap

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
your best bet would probably be a 2000-2004 range NBS w/ a 4.8 or 5.3 IMO...can pick them up fairly cheap now...just be sure to do the research to make sure it has been taken care of

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
A early Nbs 1999-2004 as said above or possibly a obs 98-99 classic depends on what you want and how much you have to spend on a truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys...I should have put more info in. It was the wee hours of the night and I was tired.

Here goes some info:

I have to do this on the cheap...nothing more than 2000.00

Any rig from 70-90's is good with me....preferably a shortbed.

I am looking for a nice rig that is efficient, somewhat economical , able to tow and haul and able to wheel...if it is a 4wd....I have no preferance on 2wd or 4wd.

A year that has lots of aftermarket support and parts are plentinfull.

My girl wants the option to be able to put seat warmers and modern creature comforts in.

I hope this is enough info.

Thank you...

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
go down to AZ and get Cartwrights truck, the thing is nice, and has a price so cheap its like stealing it, if i lived on the west coast i would buy it
Hell Ill meet at the Border lol. Thanks Bryan!! :shake:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts