GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been perusing the forums here and figured I'd pop in and say hi. I have a 99 tahoe 4dr that I just popped the motor in. I guess running for 2 years with a bad injector wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had lol. I haven't pulled it apart as of yet to see what carnage is inside, but it's a good excuse to upgrade lol. The trucks main purpose in life is towing my 72 monte to the strip, so a bit of a torque upgrade will be in the works. I am also toying with the idea of swapping in the suspension and axles from a 2500 series into it...I like overkill lol. I know it sounds like alot of work, and why not just go get a 2500 burb or something, but the truck has some sentimental value and will never be given up. Besides, ,have you ever seen a 2500 Tahoe? lol I'm sure I will be harassing all of you with questions when I finally get rolling on this project
Thanks
Jim:head:

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
:welcome:

You are right, does sounds like a lot of work.
Where in NY are you from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I am in Oakdale Ny (Long Island). The reasoning...in my mind anyway , for the 2500 suspension swap is more for the springs then anything else. I know there are ways to beef up the 1500 suspension, but I also seem to like to make things more difficult then they need to be lol.:crazy::banghead:

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts