GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
dude if you had primer grey and troll hair you could totaly goto a car show.

HAHAHAHA yeah its sad to think that primer grey is a fad, and so is troll hair. YUCK To both.
 

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Have you seen the OutKast "Caroline" video? They have an old street rod type car with flat black paint. I think it looks pretty good. I would be afraid to put it on my truck cuz people would think it was under construction. I bet you could win the "under construction" catagory at shows though. Jake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
jdrake19 said:
Have you seen the OutKast "Caroline" video? They have an old street rod type car with flat black paint. I think it looks pretty good. I would be afraid to put it on my truck cuz people would think it was under construction. I bet you could win the "under construction" catagory at shows though. Jake
I get that shit all the time. I really like my truck, but I'm ready to repaint it again because of the people that don't know what flat paint is.
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
http://www.automobilemag.com/ said:
Toyota's oh-so-hip brand is considering it as a factory color.
I don't care for the whole car, let alone the gray primer. I think the Scions are a joke, but thats just me. My buddy always laughs and points when he sees one on the street. And he isn't discreet about it either...he wants to make sure the driver sees him.

I don't mean to jack your post, but what is the deal with all these boxy cars these days? First the Element, now the xB (Scion...I mean Toyota's other oh-so-hip car). I can't stand them, and I think adding gray primer is like adding insult to injury.

Just my


:rant: ok I'm done :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
jdrake19 said:
Have you seen the OutKast "Caroline" video? They have an old street rod type car with flat black paint. I think it looks pretty good. I would be afraid to put it on my truck cuz people would think it was under construction. I bet you could win the "under construction" catagory at shows though. Jake
primer is common among the street rod scene. The technical term is 'Rat Rod' I have a few friends that have that look and it works great on that style car because that was the look in that era. the lines of todays cars just don't lend themself to that paint scheme. When I see a 40's chevy in black primer I see a Rat Rod when I see a honda accord in primer I see a Rice Rocket in transition. my 2 cents.
 

·
It's Jerry's World
Joined
·
3,573 Posts
primers cool if you just shaved your whole bed or your handles, other than that, if your gonna use a flat paint it has to be very smooth and sanded and shit like Groundeds.....it just doesnt look good on everything :read:
 

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
...it just doesnt look good on everything :read:
I have only seen that one rat rod in flat black, and i can see where only certian vehicles would look good with it. It was just so curvy and voluptuous. I could see it looking better on a 99-02 bs than on an 03-current bs, just b/c of a few more curves. Maybe i'm a retard, but you have to accept that. Jake
 

·
Changed my life
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
I would never roll primer. It's just cheap to me. It's like buying 2 wheels and putting them on the back until you can afford the 2 front wheels.

Flat black paint on the other hand... :drool: :drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
LoL, it looks like the factory couldny paint the car in time for the show deadline so they just played it off like it was sapose to be primer
 

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
Joined
·
450 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I don't care for the whole car, let alone the gray primer. I think the Scions are a joke, but thats just me. My buddy always laughs and points when he sees one on the street. And he isn't discreet about it either...he wants to make sure the driver sees him.

I don't mean to jack your post, but what is the deal with all these boxy cars these days? First the Element, now the xB (Scion...I mean Toyota's other oh-so-hip car). I can't stand them, and I think adding gray primer is like adding insult to injury.

Just my


:rant: ok I'm done :crazy:
Nissan is gonna come out with a box car too. Read a little bit about it in Auto Weekly. :puke:
 

·
Weird Turns Pro.
Joined
·
6,251 Posts
flat black looks awsome on old hot rods and trucks, like this

DSC03087.jpg


also, scions arent only gay looking, they have no legroom in either the front or back. My sisters friend drives a xA, and i cant even fit in the back seat without pullin my legs up to where my knees are at my chest, and pretty much the same deal with the xB.
 

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
It's like buying 2 wheels and putting them on the back until you can afford the 2 front wheels.
:LOL: :LOL: Seen that 1 too many times... :LOL: :LOL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
primer is a sign of laziness to me. If its been on there for at least 1 month, you're too lazy to do all the work. Its not as bad if a spot or two is prime, but a whole truck??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
Beyond Static said:
primer is a sign of laziness to me. If its been on there for at least 1 month, you're too lazy to do all the work. Its not as bad if a spot or two is prime, but a whole truck??

i guess im extremely lazy, and will be if the truck is not totaled :read:
 

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
primer is not cool if you have it on for over 4-6 months...
Flat Black Paint is actual paint though. It might be hard for me to distinguish the two though. Jake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
jdrake19 said:
primer is not cool if you have it on for over 4-6 months...
Flat Black Paint is actual paint though. It might be hard for me to distinguish the two though. Jake
When looking at flat/satin/suade and comparing it to primer the primer will have a chalky look. Looking at pics it's hard to tell sometimes, but in person you can normaly tell.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top