GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 silverado when can you apply 1st wax job, and what brand is the best without getting another loan from the bank

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
you can wax the truck as soon as you want. I gave mine a full detail today, my 6th day of ownership :D

There are a lot of good waxes out there. If you are looking for an easy, inexpensive store bought wax the Meguiars NXT will work well for you. If you want to look into some of the more expensive polimers then check out zaino or Tropicare.

·
Blue Collar Scholar
22 Posts
Some detailers like Klasse All-in-One follwed by sealing it with Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze also listed frequently as Sealent Glaze (the "high gloss" part omitted).

I believe the Web may be the sole source for most folks.

I'm going to try it after I have used up the NXT; that is a decent sealer (it's not an actual wax, I've been told) but some users have reported it does not last as long as the Klasse products.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
obbop said:
I'm going to try it after I have used up the NXT; that is a decent sealer (it's not an actual wax, I've been told) but some users have reported it does not last as long as the Klasse products.

Your mileage may vary.
It's wax just a syntentic wax. It's also supposed to last 6 months. I've used it a lot and it will last at least 3 to 4 months.

You may want to invest in a good DA buffer also. I use a Portor Cable myself. Helps out a lot!

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I waited a week after I got my 05 and quick detail spray and waxed it, then the next week I used NTX with no probs and looks great. Heres a pic after the wax.
000_0701.jpg

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
nxt is the shit... i did it every week since i got my truck painted. Feels sooo smooth. almost a soft feel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts