GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna order these 2morrow:
gibson_headers_universal.gif

Gibson Stainless Headers: 98-00 GM Truck Old Body 5.0-5.7L & Yukon Denali/Suburban 5.7 (w/Air Inj.)

This place has free shipping, so that will def come in handy with saving some money :head:

·
Registered
413 Posts
hey let me know how u like them. how it sounds, power gains, etc. and how much installation cost. i've been thinking of getting some headers for a long time. thanks bro.

·
Registered
342 Posts
On the header question, are there any long tubes that wont have clearance problems on something that lays frame or am i gonna have to get crafty with the welder.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Silvlowrdr said:
On the header question, are there any long tubes that wont have clearance problems on something that lays frame or am i gonna have to get crafty with the welder.
I dont think LT's will hang down that far. My friend has TOG's and if I remember right his dont hang down much at all.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Silvlowrdr said:
I can kinda help. I ran a set of Hooker long tubes on my old 94 and only around 1/3" of the flange on the driver side hung below the frame. Considering the bolts on the frame that would lay first anyway a little grinding on the flange would have taken care of it.

Cameron

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, my plans have changed slightly and may be getting this setup now:

1997 Vortec 350, .030 overbore (355 c.i.)
polished crank, Speed Pro forged rods and pistons
bottom end completely balanced
all new bearings throughout
stock Vortec heads with mild port/polish work, milled for heavy duty double valve springs, new valves and seats
Comp Cams computer cam - 212/218 488/495 112* lsa
Milodon oil pump
Cloyes double roller timing chain
stock intake manifolds with full injection setup
intake elbow with computer matched Granatelli MAF sensor
stock distributor/cap/rotor
Helix throttle body spacer
custom-tuned computer for this setup by SPE
chrome valve covers, throttle brackets, computer case

at this point Ill also throw in the Flowtech shorty headers which are already installed (no [email protected] air-tube to mess with), a set of MSD SuperConductor 8.5mm plug wires, and a brand new set of NGK TR6 plugs for this motor!!! hows that for a deal sweetener!

being sold by wkdspd. So i may have to pick this up instead since my engine has 130k+ miles on it right now, figured what the hell ill need a new engine soon anyways and i probably wont find one this badass for a killer deal :head:

·
Registered
216 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
I dont think LT's will hang down that far. My friend has TOG's and if I remember right his dont hang down much at all.

i thought TOG's were technically Mid-lengths??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts