GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received and installed my new ECM and DSP5 switch from Nick. He's great to deal with. Customer service is great and shipment was fast. Oh yeah - the tune is incredible. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
What HP levels did you get? I would love to get Nick to tune my truck. What kind of price did he chage you. PM if you want to.

Edit...I just saw the prices.
Edit again...I guess I should have looked at the link first.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What HP levels did you get? I would love to get Nick to tune my truck. What kind of price did he chage you. PM if you want to.

Edit...I just saw the prices.
Edit again...I guess I should have looked at the link first.
100 hp lvl 4 is what I'm running daily. Worth every penny. Still trying to get used to the extra power. I keep breaking the ass end loose on accident. It was actually 150 hp for me - an early 'LLY' '06 with 310 hp instead of 360. Its at 460 hp now on lvl 4 - the most a stock tranny can handle.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm also thinking of getting a new transmission control module to clean up the shifts. It lunges a little now. Its another $200.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like its time for a built tranny.
A little more than I want to spend. If I do anything for the transmission, it'll just be a new TCM - and maybe a Transgo Jr kit. But that's it. I not going to run level 5.

I will say though, that over the last 2 days as the TCM is learning what line pressures / power to expect now, the shifting is improving. Nick said it would.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
A little more than I want to spend. If I do anything for the transmission, it'll just be a new TCM - and maybe a Transgo Jr kit. But that's it. I not going to run level 5.

I will say though, that over the last 2 days as the TCM is learning what line pressures / power to expect now, the shifting is improving. Nick said it would.
Yea I don't blame you one bit for not buying a fully built tranny. When I had my 06 Cummins I bought one from Suncoast in Fort Walton Beach, FL. It was the best investment I made to that truck but damn it cost me over $6k for everything. Yea I have a Transgo Jr. going in mine hopefully here soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts