GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got the nitrous kit installed. just waiting for a good day to go out and test. i also redid the intake. moved the maf out of the t/b and down where you see it now. i think this setup ought to work pretty dang good. im going to get more pics in the day. maybe even get a little video of me spraying :cheers: :head2:

PURGE

·
Registered
658 Posts
thats fucking sick.....you better post some vids up of you eatin up shit on the road......nice ass shit...did you do alll the work your self....

·
Banned
164 Posts
So you have 2 nozzles going into the intake? What size jets? Two 50 shots?
Let me know how it works out. One thing I was told by a guy who has a dry setup was that you should shoot at least 6 inches before the MAF, that's why I'm concerned about how your setup works out.
What I guess I'll do is mount the MAF right on the TB, and make my own custom tubing to the air filter box, then put the nozzle somewhere in there.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Oh yea, in that ebay auction, does it come with everything thats shown in the pic?
I see all the lines and wires, solenoids, wide open throttle switch, blow down tube...
Does that come with a fuel pressure safety switch? That shuts off the nitrous in case the fuel pump or whatever problems in the fuel system happens so that you won't run lean and BOOM...right?
Did you get a bottle warmer?
Any pics of gauges you have?
Let's see a vid of the purge!!! :evillol:

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What size jets
2 32 pills= 100. im going to put 2 38's= 125
shoot at least 6 inches before the MAF
my old set up, i sprayed 8 inches, that was with the fan nozzle. this one fogs the area up in front of it and sucks it in. im going to try this first. if not, i'll move it back.
does it come with everything thats shown in the pic
yes
fuel pressure safety switch
no. has 2 solenoids in case 1 freezes while your spraying. im running a a/f gauge to make sure i don't run too lean. if it does run too lean, these motors realize that and go into a limp mode, or lose all power. kinda a fail safe.
Did you get a bottle warmer
going to. it's harder to keep the preasure up in the colder climate
Any pics of gauges you have?
Let's see a vid of the purge!!!
pics of gauges coming soon. video of purge and runs coming soon

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you get chased by a couple of psychos on motorcycles with uzi's and your truck gets shot full of holes, remember to stop the truck, get out, and RUN, while yelling NAAAAAWWWWZ, because then your truck will blow up :p

Looks nice :)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Whifflebat said:
If you get chased by a couple of psychos on motorcycles with uzi's and your truck gets shot full of holes, remember to stop the truck, get out, and RUN, while yelling NAAAAAWWWWZ, because then your truck will blow up :p

Looks nice :)

I hate it when that happens...and now matter what, that NAAAAAWWWWWWWWZ will always blow up...

·
Banned
164 Posts
droppedgmc said:
2 32 pills= 100. im going to put 2 38's= 125
my old set up, i sprayed 8 inches, that was with the fan nozzle. this one fogs the area up in front of it and sucks it in. im going to try this first. if not, i'll move it back.
yes
no. has 2 solenoids in case 1 freezes while your spraying. im running a a/f gauge to make sure i don't run too lean. if it does run too lean, these motors realize that and go into a limp mode, or lose all power. kinda a fail safe.
going to. it's harder to keep the preasure up in the colder climate
pics of gauges coming soon. video of purge and runs coming soon
So in that 5077 kit comes with the fogger nozzle?
I'm still researching nitrous. So a fuel pressure safety switch would only be for a wet kit right since you aren't relying on the EFI?
Why are you running an A/F gauge if the motors run into a limp mode if you run lean? Just cuz?
Are those solenoids running one 32 pill each? so if one freezes, you'd only be running a 50 shot?

Let's see those vids!!! :evillol:

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's a 5177 kit. comes with the dual foggers. don't need the fuel safety, buy a micro switch for wot. a/f gauge is so i can monitor the engine. even though it will limp, damage can occurr if it's too lean. this way when i spray i can glance at the gauge and see everything is alright. the noids are in parallel. then it t's off to dual lines and 1 pill for each. if 1 noid freezes, the other will close and shut spray off. when i get a good day, im going to get some vids. it's been too wet around here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts