GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go any farther, I would like to entertain the idea of running nitrous on my HD. I'm a noobie to the spray. I searched, but found little to educate me on the subject. What is a good wet setup? What kind of tuning is needed? Would 100 shot get me another second in the 1/4?

If anyone has a link to help me out, hook me up.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Before I go any farther, I would like to entertain the idea of running nitrous on my HD. I'm a noobie to the spray. I searched, but found little to educate me on the subject. What is a good wet setup? What kind of tuning is needed? Would 100 shot get me another second in the 1/4?

well i know about my 5.7 on my 94 you will need a fule cell and a good fule pump and a regulator there are also some really good plates for the spray ill finde them for you and post them i will also throw up some pic.of the 94 wet set up

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts

why do you want wet? dry is a little less risky. a 100 shot should knock your times down near a second.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
IMG_0010.gif

Fule pump and regulator (holley blue)
IMG_0015.gif

fle cell use all steel brad line dont use that hard pip shit thet comes with any kits
IMG_0014.gif

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
I have 3 NX kits and love all them. Id rather go wet, but its just me. You will need the base kit, a blowdown tube if its in the cab, a pressure guage, bottle heater(unless you wanna use a heat gun, etc), and for added safety use a window switch for activation. I had a 150 shot for the longest time on my stock motor, with stock injectors and stock fuel pump. no need for bigger.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
i years ago on my 5.3 ran a 75 dry shot and it gained me 1.2 seconds and 10mph

100 shot all you really would need is to back off timing some. rule of thumb is 2* for every 50 shot increase

or if your stock tune just add some race octane to be on safe side

i sprayed 75 on stock motor before

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
my cammed 5.3 is loving a 150 wet shot. All I have done is a 255 fuel pump and stock injectors (8.1 BB injectors coming soon) there's no reason to worry about spraying these motors at all... as long as you are set up correctly, have fun with it.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
well i know about my 5.7 on my 94 you will need a fule cell and a good fule pump and a regulator there are also some really good plates for the spray ill finde them for you and post them i will also throw up some pic.of the 94 wet set up
d00d i told you about giving bad advise. your 94 did not need an external fuel cell or fuel pump for the 100-150 shot you are running. you did it to be flashy. :ninja:

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
ya and the directions for the original had me tapping my TBI wich made no preshure at all so we did the fule cell to be able to controle how rich i wanted to run the wet sys so that i wont fuck up the eng. the other reasion for the cell was so that i could run the highest octaine fule i could buy at a race shop and the therd reasion was because i di show it and it looks good, the main reasion was so that I can controle the fule so i can make sure to run it a little rich

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
ya and the directions for the original had me tapping my TBI wich made no preshure at all so we did the fule cell to be able to controle how rich i wanted to run the wet sys so that i wont fuck up the eng. the other reasion for the cell was so that i could run the highest octaine fule i could buy at a race shop and the therd reasion was because i di show it and it looks good, the main reasion was so that I can controle the fule so i can make sure to run it a little rich
thats why you upgrade your fuel pump. much easier solution. and you control your nitrous and fuel with the jets. and why do you need to run race gas on a stock vortec motor with a 100 shot?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
thats why you upgrade your fuel pump. much easier solution. and you control your nitrous and fuel with the jets. and why do you need to run race gas on a stock vortec motor with a 100 shot?
I was wondering the same thing. I believe Chris (350blackHO) runs pump gas on a 200 shot

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
ok if i didnt do a fule cell this is what NOS gave me

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

so which would you want to do?????????

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
ok if i didnt do a fule cell this is what NOS gave me

so which would you want to do?????????
Your an idiot. You could have upgraded your fuel pump and put a Y in the fuel line. Its the same thing carb guys do. You do not have to modify your poopy TBi unit at all.

I wonder about you seriously.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
what ever you guys do it your way and i will do it mine i have had my setup for about 4 yrs and no problems. and ya it is also a show truck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts