GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding Nitrous to my list of mods hopefully within the next few months, and I was wondering which way I should head with it. From what I have been reading, Wet kits are safer, because you dont have to worry as much about the computer not providing enough fuel to compensate for the N2O. About how much would I be looking at spending for the kit? I plan on shooting a 100 shot until I can beef up my tranny. Any insight would be apprieciated. Thanks.

PS, I doubt the kits are different, but it will be going on a LS1 :read:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I am also really looking into NAWZ, from what I've been reading get ready to spend about $1k for a complete quality setup, but I could be wrong.

I'd go to ls1tech.com, lots of good info/sites about Nitrous...

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a member over at LS1tech, and I have been reading about it all night. I cant wait. Im going for mid 13's on motor, and mid 12's on the juice. :head:

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Dont you remember why my truck was off the road for that meet ..

100 shot blow up my tranny ... but I did run a 14.2 on a free modded motor and thats it .. :D

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Austin you just need nawz becuse you know my big ass with my 5.3 can burn you now

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
you could buy a used setup pretty cheap, all you need it bottle, lines solenoids, and then a jet positioned 6 in. before the TB..we put one on my boys integra for i think $400.

you can step up the amount of N2O with different jets, and then depending on the options you get your system will cost more (purge valve, etc)

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
you can get one for around 600 to 800 bucks. My friend has a nitrous set up in his truck... its a kit from venom. He runs a hundred shot. Wires in with O2 sensors, fuel injectors, etc. to keep from fucking up the engine. Works great so far. He's running it in a 4.8L. The modules that come with the venom kit are for the 5.3's, but if you call venom when you order it, you can send them the module and they'll program it for the 4.8.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on getting a built tranny fairly soon after I do the engine swap. Before it goes in, I want to do some mods like a cam and such. I dont plan on being in the 12's with my stock trans.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey stephen, I race you whenever you want. But I know your gonna give the excuse all 4x4 guys give. "I race you but I get to pick the place :read:" What youre not telling me is that its gonna be offroad going uphill with 4 foot boulders every two feet :crazy:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
hahaha hadnt even thought of that one. I need to excuses, ill take you on in the 1/4 any day

(haha yeah right, allthough I DID race a hemi and win!)

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
kit from jegs or somebody, 589, then you would want a bottle heater, pressure guage, purge kit, and a window switch to help your tranny out. but everything on top of the kit is optional. but id say about 1k for everything.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Dan, do you have a part # for the kit?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anybody got some cash they wanna lend me :naughty:

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Austin,
A friend of mine is selling a wet kit. $300 let me know if you want it

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chago, lemme think about it. I'll have to see exactly how much funding I have after I buy some necessities. If you can, please PM me with the details about the kit. I will be online later tonight, cause I am about to start my drive back to Dallas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts