GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would i just use the TBI plate or make my own induction system and place a fogger nozzle in the intake tube? i have a nitrous kit sitting around waiting to go on my 'bird, but im getting sorta curious about it. if i can use just the plate, i'll get it through work.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Don't see why not, make sure you have enough fuel before playing with spray.

I'd also recommend:

pressure gauge for nitrous
fuel pressure gauge
heater
purge
blanket

Best to be safe.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
a purge and a fule presher regulator shoud be on top

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have everything there except the heater. i still need to buy one of those. think a bottle bag would be sufficient enough for now? i've been researching nitrous for a while, i should have plenty of psi for the deal but i'll buy an extra fpr and replace the one that came with the system, if im able to. i'll prolly just shoot like a 100 through it. gotta be real smart with this stuff or it'll bite you real fast.

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,650 Posts
would i just use the TBI plate or make my own induction system and place a fogger nozzle in the intake tube? i have a nitrous kit sitting around waiting to go on my 'bird, but im getting sorta curious about it. if i can use just the plate, i'll get it through work.
DO NOT put a fogger in your intake tube, Is this kit made for your truck?

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,650 Posts
If you want i can show you pics and anything you want to know on how to set up nirous on a TBI plus theres a whole thread on TBIs up above.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the sniper kit, so would i just be able to switch plates and go with it for now since the MPFI uses the stock TB and everything? i havnt done a fi setup like this, im use to carbs and whatnot. . i appreciate the concern, i really dont feel like screwing this up lol. im just curisous if i could just buy the plate and hook it all together and not run into problems. it'd be pretty similar to an LT1 plate system i would beleive, plate after TB and go from there, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts