GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the Tread rating on the Nitto Mud Grappler's and how loud they are? I can't decide between these and the toyo m/t's. Size would be 33x12.5x18 if that matters.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
No personal experience with them, but from what people tend to say, MGs are pretty damn loud and heavy. I like the way they look though, but the Toyo's are one of the best, if not the best, street friendly mud terrain tire.

9,778 Posts
MGs are pretty damn loud and heavy. I like the way they look though, but the Toyo's are one of the best, if not the best, street friendly mud terrain tire.
I personally had the tires and they are VERY loud. I would put them in the same class as TSL's, or slightly quieter than Boggers. They are a very loud and very heavy tire. For a daily driver, the Toyo's are a MUCH better tire.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Me and 97_Z71 just rode in a 2006 6" lifted 1500 with Nitto Mud Grappler's. I don't like them at all. They howl pretty good and they don't feel like they are going to last very long.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
MG= faster tread wear, more noise, good look, slightly cheaper
Toyo= better tread wear, quite as shit, great look, bit more expensive.

9,778 Posts
Let me put it this way. If I was going to go with a moderate MT on a daily driver EVER again...it would be Toyo's way before MG's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts