GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at those 3 in the 285 or 295 70/17 sizes. Ive got the BFG AT's now and love em, but heard good things about the other 2 tires. Which would you go with and why?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i have the terra grapplers and i love them. i think they look better than the bfgs, ive had them in snow and a little mud, and in sand and they did fine for what i needed them for

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I hate the way Terra Grapples look, and would go with a BFG again. Although I have never run them on one of my trucks, my friends dad has an 88 F250 on 35" BFG A/Ts and it does GREAT in the snow and loose dirt, gravely roads up where they live in Oregon.

Can't go wrong with either I wouldn't think... but personally I would go with a BFG.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I vote BFG's. I think I've practically had every size. LOL>
(2 sets of 285's, 305's, 2 sets of 315's, 37/12.50/17's)
They are great all around tires. Great in the snow too. I've always liked the way they look over all other AT's. I've never been a big fan of the looks of the Terra Grapplers, especially in pictures. I finally saw a set in person, and I must say, they look better than I thought. They are cheaper than the BFG's usually.
But, my vote still goes for the BFG A/T's!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want a smaller tire than the 305/70/17, Nitto has the 295, just wondering if the 285 would be alot smaller look wise on the truck from a 305......

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
lose, lose, lose situation

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
i want a smaller tire than the 305/70/17, Nitto has the 295, just wondering if the 285 would be alot smaller look wise on the truck from a 305......
I'm been running the Terra Grapplers for awhile. I love them, there quite and handle good in the snow. I run 295/70/17 and its a tad taller and wider than 285/70/17. Why get the same size as stock when you can bigger. :evil:

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
terra grapplers are tight

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I had a set of terra grapplers on my truck before it was lifted and I loved them. I got lifted, and put them on again, and in less than a year they are almost toasted. I rotate regularly, and keep the preasure up. I don't know what happened, but they are too expensive to be a one year tire. What sucks is that I also put them on my moms F250 for her christmas present. I'll be looking into either the mud grapplers, or a Toyo Open Country M/T I think.

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
I've had all three on my trucks and about the same size as you. I love the nitto's look and they wear alright. The revo's are the best performers off-road especially in the snow. The bfg's are a good all around tire but don't perform exceptionally well they are about average to me.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
lose, lose, lose situation
:nono:

my bridgstones pull better than swampers becaue with the whitelettering out it help its like having huge lugs on the side:bowtie:

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
You can't go wrong with the BFG or the Nitto, IMO. I've put a lot of miles on BFG's, and also Nitto's. I could get 50K out of a set of BFG's, and it looks like that's what I'll get out of this set of Nitto's, also. I've got close to 40K on them now, and they have a lot of life left.

They're comparable on road, the Nitto is a lot better in snow and ice, though.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i like my Nitto Terra Grapplers alot

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
I would not get the Revos because I don't think they're available in that size in an LT tire (only in P-metric). I had LT265/75R16 revos on my last truck and loved them....if they actually now do come in an LT version I'd consider them. Currently have the BFG A/T though and think they are just as good if not better.

·
GMFS Night Crew
170 Posts
I have 265/70/17 Revo's... they're an outstanding tire; I've put 40+ thousand miles on them and the tread looks new and solid. I never worry about them during rain, in the mud at the lease, or really, anywhere.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I opted to go Pro Comp A/T , from my reading reviews I understand they will last longer then BFG and work better in wet conditions .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts