GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two sets of Nitto trai grapplers one set of 295/55/20 and put about 10k miles on them and they had 70%-80% tread left and I've got a set of 285/55/22 trail grapplers on some 22x9 wheels and I've got just over 7k miles on them and they are what I'd say is 75% tread. I rotate them every 3k miles and have 35lbs of air in them, truck is aligned and they are wearing evenly. Am I doing decent or above or below average of everyone else?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,681 Posts
You understand with your math that puts them at 30k to 40k miles you would get out of them. Which sounds normal

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have 50,000 on mine, going to order a new set after the summer. I'm very pleased on how they've held up.

·
Back in Black
126 Posts
Good to hear!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
bump up to 40-45psi. :imo

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump up to 40-45psi. :imo
I had 40 in them and they started wearing down the edges faster and so I bumped it down to 35 for a more even track.

I've heard some people say they get 40-50k out of them I guess I'll see how far these go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It also depends on your comfort level of driving on low tread.
I've seen guys run them right to where they are smooth and claimed they got 40/45K out of them. But the last 10K of driving was progressively sketchy!

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
I had 40 in them and they started wearing down the edges faster and so I bumped it down to 35 for a more even track.

I've heard some people say they get 40-50k out of them I guess I'll see how far these go.
U got that backwards. If the edges are wearing more you want more psi

·
Registered
614 Posts
i bought the 275s i ran for a while used with probably 3/4 tread. I put 30k on them and they still had good tread when i sold em the other week.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have had 2 sets of 35x12.5 on two different trucks. Put 30K miles on one set and 36K miles on the other and I swear they both looked brand new when I traded/sold the trucks. Below are pics from the for sale ad for the '14 I sold last month. These have 36K miles on them. Rotated with every oil changes and ran at 35psi. These are the only tires I will run from here on out. I love them. They perform great off road, they aren't too loud on the street, they last forever, and they look pretty aggressive. Wins all around.

nitto1_zpswqkzjpil.jpg

nitto2_zpsc4i8cckd.jpg

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
U got that backwards. If the edges are wearing more you want more psi
What do you suggest I run in mine 285/55/22 on a 22x9 wheel, on a 2007 nnbs 1500 z71 ccsb for maximum life?

And I guess mine are doing about average compared to everyone else.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think i'm swapping to toyos or trails next. My mud grapps have about 25K on them and two are at about half tread and two are at about quarter tread from burnouts and abuse. They've been great tires and I imagine if I treated them right I could easily get 40K out of them but they are so damn loud now

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had about 15k on my trail grapps and they looked to be about 40-45%. Wasnt very impressed with the tread life on them, they saw lots of off road use though.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
fronts will generally wear the edges no matter what psi due to camber when turning. some cars run higher psi up front from the factory, partly because of that, but mainly due to being heavier up front than rear.

I run my 305 55 20's at 40psi all around.

wear sounds just about right. keep up with the rotations every 3k and you'll be good

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been using trail grapper Nitto tires for a year now. I usually rotate them every 5000 kms plus nitro filled with 35psi. More or less 80% are still remaining and all 4 tires has an even wear and tear.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had my Trail Grapplers on for the last 40,000 miles, and they are about ready to be replaced.

98% all highway miles.

Great tires for me, no complaints.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts