GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious to what is the largest lift out for the new 1500s...i havent seen that cognito makes one yet for it and cst only has a 4" right now. i see fabtech has a 7" but is that with flat cvs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Fabtech is the only one that I've seen that actually lists the size of lift your getting. All the other manufacturers just advertise a lift for them but don't put a number by it for some unknown reason... But I do think Full Throttle has one out thats taller??? I think gmcsierra has the fabtech, sure he'll chime in about the cv's

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
fabtech's 7" is really an 8" kit, i have the leveling kit too and my cv's are still at good angles. You can kind of see them in this pic.
100_0434.jpg

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
high sierra- great looking truck! so the fabtech gave u about 8" and then you got another 2-2.5" with adding the leveling kit? so you got about 10" of susp and a 3" body?

also did the fabtech widen the front track width much?

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
rancho has one im pretty sure, i know they do for the avalanches anyway, its a 4''

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
wow... thats hideous

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
FTS has a 10 and 12 inch im pretty sure i know 4 sure the 10, and i think the12 or its coming out soon.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I talked to Justin @ Cognito the other day and he said he was planning on something for the NNBS 1500's, but he's not sure when he'd have it finished :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
high sierra- great looking truck! so the fabtech gave u about 8" and then you got another 2-2.5" with adding the leveling kit? so you got about 10" of susp and a 3" body?

also did the fabtech widen the front track width much?
Yeah about 10" susp and 3" body. Track width increased about an inch or so each side in the front.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Highsierra....does the fabtech come with new coil overs? If so, i see you were able to reuse the spacers. The only kit that allows you to run stock wheels and larger tires is the rancho or cst. The rancho comes with replacement coil overs as well and was wondering if you would be able to re-use the spacer and put a bigger block in the rear for added height..in turn, say run 37"s on stock wheels?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Highsierra....does the fabtech come with new coil overs? If so, i see you were able to reuse the spacers. The only kit that allows you to run stock wheels and larger tires is the rancho or cst. The rancho comes with replacement coil overs as well and was wondering if you would be able to re-use the spacer and put a bigger block in the rear for added height..in turn, say run 37"s on stock wheels?
You can get the kit with replacement coil-overs. I have the stock coilovers though. It looks like you could use the spacers with the fabtech ones though as well. The fabtech kit comes with spacers for the front in case you want to run stock wheels with larger tires. It would be fairly easy to run 37s with that set up.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
You can get the kit with replacement coil-overs. I have the stock coilovers though. It looks like you could use the spacers with the fabtech ones though as well. The fabtech kit comes with spacers for the front in case you want to run stock wheels with larger tires. It would be fairly easy to run 37s with that set up.
how much further do the front wheels stick out with these spacers?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
looks like a 10-12" kit with 38"tires on 24" rim.

btw, bnc put a 16" kit on that crew cab they built but it is not in mass production yet but they will make it if someone comes in wanting it that high. and im pretty sure the same goes for FTS.

·
4,725 Posts
I'm curious to see a SAS soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts