GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its only 2 pictures at this point, but I still want to get some opinions on what you all think.

Its a work in progress, and the wheels are only a temporary thing. I had them laying around, and they are much better than the stock 17's. I fully intend on getting some black 20's - likely the MB Senna's.

The rear end has been lowered 3", stock front heigth.

As far as powertrain goes, I am all stock 4.8L with TERRIBLE 3.23 gears. I was quoted at $700 for 4.10 swap parts and labor, which I think will be my first modification. I have a summit super turbo muffler for now, which I hardly call a performance mod.

My goals are to run a low 13 to mid high 12ish range with a 4.8.

as far as appearence goes, i am pretty much done except for the 20's and then getting a roll pan to ditch that ugly chrome bumper, and maybe a billet grill. i already ripped that bigass gold bowtie of the tailgate, which looks so much better.

performance i am still up in the air. i have done H/C before, and i can do the labor no big deal, but i think i may wait for the magnacharger and slap that on there with some longtubes and mabye the gt2-3 cam and a 3000 stall. i think that should get me to my goals.

any recommendations, and what do you think of the looks thus far?

thanks!

todd

DSC01365.gif

DSC01364.jpg

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Dont get 20s... anything under a 24 looks bad on the new trucks. If i were you id go to a salvage yard and buy 4 black spare wheels and use them... it would look kickass with black steelies

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Dont get 20s... anything under a 24 looks bad on the new trucks. If i were you id go to a salvage yard and buy 4 black spare wheels and use them... it would look kickass with black steelies
I wouldn't do 24s if you care about performance. Light 20s IMO. Personally think it'd look good with everything the same color black, (grille, lower bumper, handles, mirrors, etc).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree on having the same gloss black on everything that is flat black now - that will come some day.

i would never put 24's on my truck, 20s are as big as i would go, and even with 20's i feel like i am slowing the truck down, but to me its a good compromise.

todd

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
i agree on having the same gloss black on everything that is flat black now - that will come some day.

i would never put 24's on my truck, 20s are as big as i would go, and even with 20's i feel like i am slowing the truck down, but to me its a good compromise.

todd
get some billet 20s, they are lightweight

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like the all black scheme that your going for should look really cool. I still cant get over how high the nnbs trucks are stock, and the size of the fenders on that bad boy. But your truck looks really nice none the less.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
eh.. :blah:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the black w/ polished lip MB senna wheels, paint matched mirrors, handles and grill will really snap the truck together. right now i like the way it looks over stock by ALOT, but i am certainly not done yet.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I do like the blackout more them the "fun house mirror design" of the chrome on a lot of the '07 models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts