GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I heard of some people running a lift shackle to bring the rear up and inch but if I remember correctly wasn't the shackle bolts rubbing on the frame? Has anyone ran this set up with out any problems?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
to lower or raise your truck? Some people that are running flip kits on the rear end put a lift shackle on but it actually lowers their truck.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have a flip kit so I guess I would need a 1" lowering shackle has anyone ran that setup with out any issues?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
so your trying to lower it more. If your running a flip kit your going to want a lift shackle. I know it sounds wierd but now that you have done a flip kit everything is backwards. It really lowers your truck by putting a lift shackle on.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the air bags I was just thinking about going an inch higher so I dont have to air my bags up so much.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The fact that it has a flip kit doenst mean you'll be lowered using a lift shackle or lifted using a lowering shackle. In fact if youre using the stock rear hanger a lowering shackle will lower you more and a lift shackle would lift you (if they made one that would fit the stock hanger). I'm running the new rear bracket that flips the stock shackle around to point the other way, so in that case a lift shackle would lower me more.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
O. so yes then you would want a lowering shackle.
damn your confusing... with a flip kit a lift shackle (being a shorter shackle) will raise it and a lowering shackle(being a taller) will lower it......

Im running a 2/6 drop right now
I have a 7 inch flip kit in the rear with a lift shackle and air shocks so Im now probably sitting close to 5 inches

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
damn your confusing... with a flip kit a lift shackle (being a shorter shackle) will raise it and a lowering shackle(being a taller) will lower it......

Im running a 2/6 drop right now
I have a 7 inch flip kit in the rear with a lift shackle and air shocks so Im now probably sitting close to 5 inches
From what I'm told. When you do a flip kit you have to go the opposite direction of what you want to do:think: Don't hold me to it but that what I have heard. If you are running a flip kit, and want to go lower, get a lift shackle:shrug: I don't remeber where I heard it but it was on here.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
I don't see why it would change. Flipkit just puts the axle on the springs instead of underneath, while shackles and hangers changes the spring attach point on the truck. So if its a lowering shackles, it changes it so the connection is closer to the truck instead of away from it with a lift shackle, the fact that you have a flipkit wouldn't effect what it does.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
From what I'm told. When you do a flip kit you have to go the opposite direction of what you want to do:think: Don't hold me to it but that what I have heard. If you are running a flip kit, and want to go lower, get a lift shackle:shrug: I don't remeber where I heard it but it was on here.
Nah, if you have a regular flip kit set at 7" like you're getting, with the stock rear hanger, a lowering shackle will lower and a lift shackle will lift. Just because it has a flip kit doesn't mean it will do opposite.

If you have the new rear hanger with the shackle flipped around like I do, THEN it will behave opposite. That's why I have lift shackles on the way to make my 5 inch a 6 inch drop.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I don't see why it would change. Flipkit just puts the axle on the springs instead of underneath, while shackles and hangers changes the spring attach point on the truck. So if its a lowering shackles, it changes it so the connection is closer to the truck instead of away from it with a lift shackle, the fact that you have a flipkit wouldn't effect what it does.
yup, but with the rear hanger like I have the shackle is flipped pointing down, so a lift shackle will just make the eye of the leaf spring further up, making it drop more.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts