GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
formerly "miamigrant"
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the ride quality I've been looking for...here are the specs on my '08 crew cab at 4/6:

-coil relocators
-spindles
-shorter sway bar end links
-flip kit with hanger at 6"
-helper bags
-shock relocators
-Monroe 911258 shocks

I've been through 4 different kinds of "drop shocks" (except belltech SP's) and was disappointed every time. A guy on another forum said he ran a monroe shock with success but nobody really picked up on it, I couldn't find anybody else that did the same. So I checked out the specs on them and ordered Monroe p/n 911258:

http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPart/displayPartDetails.do?partKey=323481&catalogKey=360&partNumber=911258&catalogCode=monroe&loadStatus=ACTIVE&locale=en&methodName=displayPartDetails

These are a light suv shock with the right eye mounts, the only problem is that the bushing sleeves are 1/2" I.D. and the stock bolts are 14mm. I used my impact to run a spare 14mm bolt through each sleeve to make sure they would go (they're rolled from flat stock so there is a split in the sleeve allowing the expansion). It took a little force and once the threads grabbed, the stock bolts went through no problem. I wouldn't attempt this without an impact though!

So the ride is incredibly close to stock. No doubt the lower shock relocators help too but I give them 90% of the credit. I am so happy that I found these, I was starting to regret lowering this truck in a bad way. If you're at 4/6 or 4/7 on NNBS, with the addition of the relocators these are a great fit and awesome ride.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
The belltech SP shocks are great too btw, said you hadnt tried them yet but they too ride really close to stock, I still hadnt put my shock relocators on yet either.
Might try those monroes if the belltechs ever wear out, but so far so good.

·
formerly "miamigrant"
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The belltech SP shocks are great too btw, said you hadnt tried them yet but they too ride really close to stock, I still hadnt put my shock relocators on yet either.
Might try those monroes if the belltechs ever wear out, but so far so good.
I've heard that they're good...I just got burned out on "drop shocks". They were my backup if this didn't work :)

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
358 Posts
I've heard that they're good...I just got burned out on "drop shocks". They were my backup if this didn't work :)
Yep, thats what I heard about the others as well, most of the drop shocks are junk. I didnt know Monroe had any non-air assist shocks that would work on ours, only reason I didnt get monroes really, lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just installed my Belltech Street Performance shocks up front on 2dr Hoe and it is day and night from stock. I was riding with stock shocks and 3" drop up front and the ride was just not rite. Waiting on my rears to put them on.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,151 Posts
Just installed my Belltech Street Performance shocks up front on 2dr Hoe and it is day and night from stock. I was riding with stock shocks and 3" drop up front and the ride was just not rite. Waiting on my rears to put them on.
what does that have to do with a nnbs truck?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just ordered my belltechs last week from kris cant wait to get them tired of the shitty ride and it sounding like the back of the truck is gonna fall apart

·
D.J.
174 Posts
i'll have to keep this in mind. I have had about every kind of drop shock over the years in different lowered trucks and they all sucked. Usually ended up running old fashion air shocks for s10s on most of my fullsizes. Not thinking that will work on the nnbs. So glad to hear the monroes worked. How much was the pair? How much are the Belltech SPs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado NBS and I am running the belltech 643sp kit which is a 4/6 lowering kit as well. Could you possibly give the part numbers for all the other pieces you mentioned? I am looking to do the same for my truck as the ride is horrible.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Jesus, this was from 8 years ago, I'm drought he even logs in anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts