GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 07 nnbs with a 4.8 in it the previous owner took off the factory muffler and ran 3" duals no muffler and the trucks a total dog no low end whatsoever I was wondering if a flowmaster muffler would get my torque back should I single in and dual out and keep 3" duals or eliminate 1 and do single in single out and do a single 3"?? I plAn on having a blackbear tune done after I buy a CAI but I want my exhaust done right first.. any info from you guys would be awesome.

·
Rest in Pieces
2,362 Posts
A single 3" is more than enough for a 4.8l. Get whatever muffler you prefer (generally if you can see straight through it, it's a good choice).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sounds good I mean there is already 3" pipe there so I thought I'd just keep it thanks a lot also how do you like the blackbear tune is it worth the money?

·
Rest in Pieces
2,362 Posts
Black Bear Performance is worth every penny. Hands down the best mod to the truck to date.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Bear Performance is worth every penny. Hands down the best mod to the truck to date.
ok awesome to hear that after I get my CAI and fix the exhaust ill be looking into it thanks!!

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Keep in mind that the 4.8 isn't exactly a "torque monster" either. Neither is the 5.3 really. But the 4.8 loves life above 3,000 RPM's..

CAI, tune, gears, proper exhaust is all that motor needs to be an absolute war horse.

I have all the above (minus a tune since I'm still under warranty) and I'm very satisfied.

Airaid MIT with K&N drop-in filter in stock box
Flowmaster 40 with resonator delete
And 4.10 Motive gears

Drives like a dream!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind that the 4.8 isn't exactly a "torque monster" either. Neither is the 5.3 really. But the 4.8 loves life above 3,000 RPM's..

CAI, tune, gears, proper exhaust is all that motor needs to be an absolute war horse.

I have all the above (minus a tune since I'm still under warranty) and I'm very satisfied.

Airaid MIT with K&N drop-in filter in stock box
Flowmaster 40 with resonator delete
And 4.10 Motive gears

Drives like a dream!
gears is prolly most of the gain right?? I mean everything else helps but gears im sure are the best thing to buy right?

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
gears is prolly most of the gain right?? I mean everything else helps but gears im sure are the best thing to buy right?
Prolly my best investment....

I shopped around THOROUGHLY until I found a decent deal.

Gears+master install kit+labor = $350/axle

Hehe... Some shop in Houston had just opened and were cutting deals like crazy to earn people's business!

I've heard guys on this site paying $700+/axle... SHIT NO!

Plus it's my wife's Tahoe! She didn't need Yukon gears! I've been very happy thusfar with the motive gears.

Pulled the cover after 500 miles to check everything out and refresh the fluid. All was well! Plus they are quiet too!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prolly my best investment....

I shopped around THOROUGHLY until I found a decent deal.

Gears+master install kit+labor = $350/axle

Hehe... Some shop in Houston had just opened and were cutting deals like crazy to earn people's business!

I've heard guys on this site paying $700+/axle... SHIT NO!

Plus it's my wife's Tahoe! She didn't need Yukon gears! I've been very happy thusfar with the motive gears.

Pulled the cover after 500 miles to check everything out and refresh the fluid. All was well! Plus they are quiet too!
that's a killer deal and good to know I was thinking about putting on some 325/60/18 when my stockers wear out so gears would be a good idea lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts