GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 month ago i'm driving my truck and the tranny starts to slip in third. By the time I got home I only had 1st gear. Chevy fixed it under warranty but they didn't replace the whole tranny, they just replaced the parts that were worn. Well, hear I am again, this morning I lost 4th gear. Anybody else having problems with there tranny

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
after i took delivery of my truck i heard some wierd noise form the 2-3 shift in the trans and even feel it in the floor boards. I talked to the dealer and they had it for a few days, they said they're only option was to open it up and i told them to forget that!
I'm at 26,000 miles and it's pretty good thus far. Hopefully i don't have an issue, go bitch at your dealer!

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer tells me today that the reason why my tranny blew was because my billet grille blocks the airflow to the radiator and tranny cooler and that I have to take it off or they won't do the work under warranty. I said to him then how does that explain the first time it blew because the grille was not on at the time and how come its not happening to thousands of other people who have billet grilles. He said he doesn't know, he's not a mechanic, just the service writer. Bullshit:lazer:

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
The dealer tells me today that the reason why my tranny blew was because my billet grille blocks the airflow to the radiator and tranny cooler and that I have to take it off or they won't do the work under warranty. I said to him then how does that explain the first time it blew because the grille was not on at the time and how come its not happening to thousands of other people who have billet grilles. He said he doesn't know, he's not a mechanic, just the service writer. Bullshit:lazer:
are you fucking serious? :jawdrop:

dude, fuck that dealership!

·
Registered
129 Posts
same thing happened to me, lost 3rd gear, they gave me a whole new tranny under warranty, because what went out had nothing to do with my mods, I WOULD NOT PAY FOR IT WITH THE MODS YOU HAVE

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
the dealer tells me today that the reason why my tranny blew was because my billet grille blocks the airflow to the radiator and tranny cooler and that i have to take it off or they won't do the work under warranty. I said to him then how does that explain the first time it blew because the grille was not on at the time and how come its not happening to thousands of other people who have billet grilles. He said he doesn't know, he's not a mechanic, just the service writer. Bullshit:lazer:
wtf

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
lol

i have the 4l80 and im on number 4

my dealer wont tell me shit, they just keep replacing them which is fine with me

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
It has to be the damn TBS. I have replaced my tranny 3 times cause of it. :crazy:

Sounds like you dog on your truck to much dude. Take it easy on it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Wow. Now that is a new level of WTF! An American made truck has the tranny destroyed by a grille. Sure your truck would have a trans hot lightshould it start getting up there. But, no need for me to get into excuses, because it is like arguing that the sky is blue. What an idiot? If they don't replace, go to another dealer. FYI, a dealer cannot void a warranty, only GM can.

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts
I think u should just find the Manager of the dealership and should ask him how he can hire someone that would have such a stupid conversation with you. And if the entire trans is not replace u will start calling GM Corp warranty. They hate that.

·
meow
15,748 Posts

Get a lawyer. That's stupid.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Or just remove the billet grill and put back on after they are done?

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
:roflsquared: OMG! The billet grill cause the tranny to lose 4th gear? Wow, he's digging deep for that bullshit excuse.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts