GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im gonna lift and put 35s on and want to know the difference in gas meleage if i dont get new gears and whats the difference in power. its an expensive thing to do so i want to see if its worth it. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I average around 14.5-15.5 with 22/35s. Compared to stock it doesnt have the acceleration but its not terrible. Cant really have power and good mileage. Something has to give.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
gotta pay to play. pony up the dough.

If you currently have a lower numerical gear set like 3.08 or 3.42. You'll want to upgrade to 4.10 at a very minimum. 4.56 with 35" tires is the best all around performance. 4.88" if you want better scoot around town.

·
Registered
472 Posts
35" toybro mt's on gmc 17s with 6spd and 3.42s. Get around 14 sometimes a little more gooder.

It's very sluggish but I'm not in a hurry and I baby it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure what my gears are now. where can i find out? i have heard its pretty expensive but i havent gone and gotten any quotes.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
im not sure what my gears are now. where can i find out? i have heard its pretty expensive but i havent gone and gotten any quotes.
you can look up the RPO codes for your year truck and compare to what is listed on the inside of the glovebox of your truck.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
you can spend the money on gears now or save up for a new transmission.
I have never checked my mpg and honestly don't care or want to know. lol
If you lift or mod the truck then you have to expect the downfalls that comes with it

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Big tires need deeper gears or else you have something that looks cool........and thats it. If you have any mechanical ability at all, I suggest you do some reading and gear the truck yourself. The cost is not so bad if you do it your self.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts