GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey GMaholics

As most of you guys know i own a 5.3 09 Rcsb and iam looking to add some torque/hp to it in other words BALLS .. i had the forced induction all planned out but my pockets just ran dry and lost all the money i was saving up :( any ways , iam looking at a set of Longtube headers American Racing Headers so my mods with that will be an exhaust and LT's , il be getting a tune soon and at the same time i will be purchasing an intake and a cam .. intake i have Volant leading the want list and propably the one will be installed , how is VARARAM in comparison ? and im also looking into buying a CAM but i have no god damn clue which one to get ... i want an aggressive lope but i have no intentions of doing any Tranny work YET so any ideas ??

tia

joe

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
i would just go with a tune first and see how you like it before you get too crazy. :imo

im not sure what you budget is tho.

·
Freddy
344 Posts
it would but might as well get a good cam the first time but people that run it say its still a good cam if you arent stalled

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I wouldn't want to run the TR220 without a higher stall. I think you would regret it.

If you still have plans for boost in the future, just wait then and save your cash instead of wasting it now on parts you won't be able to use with the boost...

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
The last thing your going to want to do is a cam:imo

Volant CAI
Long tube headers
Exhaust
Tune

In that order, and if that is not enough for ya, then do a cam. And since your looking for tranny stuff too. Corvette servo for the 1-2 shift and a trans-go shift kit or buy a 4L80E transmission.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
My plan is L/Ts, Cam, 3K stall, Transgo HD2, and re tune.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Don't waste money on a CAI, the stock airbox on the NNBS trucks flows very well. Get an airaid JR tube and be done with it.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Procharger says you will gain 65% power with their setup... now only if it werent 5K....

Now that would be nice :evil: . Id love to FI my truck one day.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Sadly though, I wonder what would go first, the tranny or rear end. I'm thinking rear end :(
transmission would go first. the 8.625" 10 bolt is surprisingly strong if you put in an aftermarket differential.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
1 - 20 of 80 Posts