GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rough country has now starting offering their 5" kit in a 6" kit form. Lots of guys on here including myself are already running their 5" at 6" with the addition of lower strut spacers or adjustable struts. It's the same price so I expect for these to be pretty popular. I'm not to thrilled about the anti wrap block though. I would have preferred to see it come with the standard 5" rear block.

Here is the link.
http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-236.html

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Is this just have a 1" long strut spacer?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Approximately 0.5" longer. After the first 5" it becomes a 1:2 ratio. According to Rcx it's a 5.25" rear block, which should be dead level.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Why don't you like the anti wrap blocks?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The portion of leaf springs that the secondary ubolts bolt around can no longer flex which causes a stiffer ride and over time the spring will start to take on an S shape.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just seen this pop up on rough country's site today. Actually interested in it, but I was also concerned about the anti wrap blocks. I wouldn't want to do something like that if it was to cause a stiffer ride. I'd rather have the smoother ride personally, and wouldn't want my leaf springs to get jacked up either. Think I would rather stick with the 5" with Bilstiens to level it out.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
All the nnbs kits regardless of brand need to do away with the big ass blocks and do an aal and smaller block combo. Would ride so much better

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the nnbs kits regardless of brand need to do away with the big ass blocks and do an aal and smaller block combo. Would ride so much better

I think he's saying all big blocks in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience a small block and add-a-leaf will ride better than the antiwrap, but a standard block of any size will ride better than using a smaller block combined with an add-a-leaf. A standard block does not affect the way the spring compresses, but when you add the extra leaf spring it takes more force for the rear suspension to compress which translates into a slightly stiffer ride.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All blocks. Rear of my truck rides so much better with a long aal and smaller block

Thats interesting. My experience has been the opposite. Typically add a leafs will make it stiffer. However they are better about controlling axle wrap.

Was the block you removed anti wrap or a standard lift block?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thats interesting. My experience has been the opposite. Typically add a leafs will make it stiffer. However they are better about controlling axle wrap.

Was the block you removed anti wrap or a standard lift block?

Have you ever installed a 4" lift leaf pack for a customer? I think Deaver makes a set. I'm curious how they ride because I have thought about switching to one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
The block I removed was a 6" fts just regular block. Even with the resi shocks Im runnin it felt like the rear was a worn out couch soft feeling. Went to a 4" regular fts block and the long aal from zone. Night and day difference, rides so much better and with the trac bars there is no axle wrap. Another member bumpers, I talked into doing the zone aal for the rear of his and he said it rode better aswell. He's runnin bilsteins shocks

·
Registered
137 Posts
So I am not very well educated on all the lifts available for the nnbs trucks, but what makes this particular lift stand out from the RCX 5"/7" and what are the positives over the 5/7" lift....my brother in law and I both have nnbs trucks and we almost bought the 5" but I saw this post and said lets wait and find out more about he new 6"...any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank guys!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I am not very well educated on all the lifts available for the nnbs trucks, but what makes this particular lift stand out from the RCX 5"/7" and what are the positives over the 5/7" lift....my brother in law and I both have nnbs trucks and we almost bought the 5" but I saw this post and said lets wait and find out more about he new 6"...any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank guys!

Same lift, different height. The lift you need depends on what wheels and tires you choose to run

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
They'd be further ahead bumping the 7.5" kit down to a 7" and just offering the 5-6-7 options. I agree the 6" should sell well but most uneducated people will still buy the 7.5" kit because it's bigger and the same price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts