GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting tired of my factory 20s, and ever since the moto metal 970 came out I've been really considering changing my setup. My only hold up is the 20x10 is only available in a -24 offset. I'm currently running the 5" rough country, bilstein 5100 set at 0.59", and 295/60R20. What I have in mind is taking the struts up to 1.18" and adding a 0.5" taller rear block, which will net 6.18" lift. My question is has anyone ran a 20x10 -24 offset/4.5" bs with 6" lift and either 295/60R20 or 305/55R20. I'd prefer to stay with the 295/60R20 because I already have them. I know I'll need the large norcal fender mod along with additional trimming and I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure if that will be enough. Additionally I've considered more lift, but I'm really hesitant to go over 6.18" because I let my grandfather borrow my truck on a regular basis and I don't want it more difficult to get in than it is now. Please post pics if you have this setup. Thanks

I've attached a picture of my truck currently along with the new moto metal 970.

704288C2-3CF4-43FE-AA37-CA5F0F6CE4AB_zpsblkn3tev.gif

40C13072-0580-426F-9298-8B682C84E4EF_zpsznmzrmjf.jpg

Updated pics of the new wheels on the truck....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You'll be fine with the 305/55/20, -24 offset, and a little trimming. You may even be fine with the 295/60. Try it first. I like those 970's!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm running the 5" rcx with a 1.25" body lift, I have 20x10 monsters with -12 offset and 305-55 duratracs and tons of trimming. I still rub really bad in reverse but only rub on occasion moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running the 5" rcx with a 1.25" body lift, I have 20x10 monsters with -12 offset and 305-55 duratracs and tons of trimming. I still rub really bad in reverse but only rub on occasion moving forward.

Did you trim just the plastic or did you modify the metal too? I would have thought you would be fine with 6.25" lift on -12 offset.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I did the major trimming when I was leveled, but yes I trimmed metal. I think on an incline turned all the way I can rub metal still. 305-55 duratracs measure 33.5" which may be why

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
iirc, there is a member "steven" who has X10 predators -24 offset and is running your lift and 295/60's. Look him up.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The 295/60s may be possible, iirc they are only 34" tall? But the width is what may make it possible. Mine are 33.5x12.5 and i wouldn't say it's that bad. If nothing else bump up the bils and add a small BL to get you around 7.5"

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
Im running x10's -24 offset, on my fabtech. I know it's usually a 7-8inch lift, however I only got 6inches up front, probably due to my stock springs. I performed the norcal mod on steroids and no rubbing

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll be fine with the 305/55/20, -24 offset, and a little trimming. You may even be fine with the 295/60. Try it first. I like those 970's!
I may just have to try it and see what happens. Ive already done the small norcal mod, I'm sure I'll need to step up to the large norcal fender mod, which should give another 1" or so. Yea I love these wheels, I just wish they were offered in a -12 offset.

I did the major trimming when I was leveled, but yes I trimmed metal. I think on an incline turned all the way I can rub metal still. 305-55 duratracs measure 33.5" which may be why

That's is a little discouraging that this setup will work for me. Thanks for the info.

iirc, there is a member "steven" who has X10 predators -24 offset and is running your lift and 295/60's. Look him up.
Thanks for the info, I looked at his. He has a 5" Rcx with 2" lower strut spacer. I just messaged him asking specifics about any trimming that he had to do and if he had any rubbing.

The 295/60s may be possible, iirc they are only 34" tall? But the width is what may make it possible. Mine are 33.5x12.5 and i wouldn't say it's that bad. If nothing else bump up the bils and add a small BL to get you around 7.5"

Yea that's what I'm thinking, they are taller but narrower. As for adding more lift, I feel pretty certain I could adjust my struts up to 1.77" and clear, but I'm just trying to keep it as low as possible.

Im running x10's -24 offset, on my fabtech. I know it's usually a 7-8inch lift, however I only got 6inches up front, probably due to my stock springs. I performed the norcal mod on steroids and no rubbing
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you running 35s? If so, 35s on x10 -24 would require 8" of lift, which would indicate you did actually get closer to 8" from your fabtech kit.

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
I am running 35.5's or somewhere around there, and I know for a fact I didn't get 8inches lol. I'd say at the most I got 7inches, BUT again, my stock front springs are shot because I did a lot of romping/curb hopping. I just took a slice out the back fender (metal) then zip tied the plastic back.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am running 35.5's or somewhere around there, and I know for a fact I didn't get 8inches lol. I'd say at the most I got 7inches, BUT again, my stock front springs are shot because I did a lot of romping/curb hopping. I just took a slice out the back fender (metal) then zip tied the plastic back.
Oh ok, any pics of how you cut the metal?

·
Registered
564 Posts
FWIW Im running 305/55r20's on 20x12 -44 offset with a procomp 6", bilsteins set at .59" and bushwacker flares with the metal at the back of the fender cut, bent up. But my trimming is no where near as severe as the cutout flares or the large norcal mod. I rub once in a blue moon in reverse at weird angles...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FWIW Im running 305/55r20's on 20x12 -44 offset with a procomp 6", bilsteins set at .59" and bushwacker flares with the metal at the back of the fender cut, bent up. But my trimming is no where near as severe as the cutout flares or the large norcal mod. I rub once in a blue moon in reverse at weird angles...

Any pics of the truck or where you had to trim?

·
Registered
564 Posts

That's my current setup. I'll take some pics of my trimming and hoe close it is now this evening!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That's my current setup. I'll take some pics of my trimming and hoe close it is now this evening!

Thanks, I like how your window pillar is blacked out. Is that vinyl?

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I have a 4.5" zone with a 2.25" readylift with 295/55s and 20x10 -19 gears and even with trimming I'm VERY close to rubbing.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Front and back of front fender

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wheels are ordered so hopefully they will clear with 6" lift and large norcal fender mod.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts