GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am a new member to this forum. I recently purchased a 2008 Sierra 1500. This truck was stock when I bought it. Before doing any big mods I always do a bunch of research. I found all my research led me to this site, so I want to thank everyone here for the information.

Now my set up is a 7-9" McGAUGHY'S suspension lift set at 9". With 37x13.5x20 Toyo MT and 20x9 black assault Race line wheels with a zero offset.
Tires did rub on inner fenders and they hardly rubbed the backside of the front fender. The Nor Cal fender mod would easily take care of this. I just bent this piece out of the way because it doesn't effect anything. Little trimming of the inner fender and I was done.

·
UH6TDRVR
148 Posts
Welcome and nice truck, add some more pics of it, id like to see some from the front.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
913 Posts
It's amazing how these trucks are with the fender wells and doffered rims.I've got 10 inches and 35's on 14's and rub plastic

·
High N Low
82 Posts
the truck looks good. did you regear it? I was thinking of the same lift and tire size

·
Registered
20 Posts
Edit Album Sad k1500 d44hd front. Matching d60 rear or 14 bolt???
I'm getting parts together to sad my 1990 k1500. Would I be better off using my matching Dana 60 rear with 410 gears or sell n get a 14 bolt rear. I have a Dana 44hd high pinion 410 gear front end out of a 1979 f250. Overall performance between the two? Ease of installation? Matching gear availability? And wheel lug pattern solutions?
Click here to upload pictures!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the stock exhaust still will be changing soon. As far as gears go, I have stock 3.73 and figured out the ratio is 3.08 after moving to 37's. 3.08 is a stock gear for these truck so I figured I'd role with it. If I notice downshifting all the time I will replace with a taller gear. So far it doesn't have a problem climbing hills. And I always have four low if I want to play.

As far as exhaust. What would you guys recommend? My buddy had a 2000 4.8 with just cats then straight pipe rest of way. I thought it sounded good. I have a guy that will do that for me with duels out the back/side for 150, I assume dump would be same price.

I would recommend this lift to everyone. Still rides nice. Adjustable from 7-9 to run 35's-37's. And I like the idea of not putting in a giant spacer on top of the strut.

I will upload more pictures today.

·
High N Low
82 Posts
thanks for the info on the gearing. my truck has 3.42 gears, I figure ill be changing them if I lift it.

as for exhaust, I have the stock style MBRP stainless. price, sound, looks ease of install was all worth it

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Those gears would suck on the highway. With 37s I would run 5.13s. I have 4.88s with the 35s and it seems perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a picture from the front. Sorry it took so long. I found my exact truck when it was stock so I did a side by side picture with it.

I run about 1700 rpm on the express way going 70. It down shifts more often I think but it is nothing crazy. Down the road I will most likely change gears. I only plan on going to 4.10, or at most 4.56. As of now I'm getting 10.5 mpg.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Here is a picture from the front. Sorry it took so long. I found my exact truck when it was stock so I did a side by side picture with it.

I run about 1700 rpm on the express way going 70. It down shifts more often I think but it is nothing crazy. Down the road I will most likely change gears. I only plan on going to 4.10, or at most 4.56. As of now I'm getting 10.5 mpg.
gearing to 4.88 would be better for 37's. Truck will be much quicker, and be alot easier on tranny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts