GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share my audio install with you guys in case anybody else wants to go for the stealth type install.

I used to have a bench seat, but I pulled it out and bought a console off ebay. I gutted the console and did the following:

Cadence Amps (FXA-102 and FXA-3001) PAC AOEM-GM1416 hanging down:
amps.jpg

Amps and Sub:
sub_amp_open.jpg

Sub from Rear:
sub_box.jpg

New tweeter location (Alpine SPX-17REF):
tweeter.jpg

Console in, cupholder off:
cupholder_off.jpg

Inside enclosure:
inside.jpg

Enclosure reassembled:
back_together.jpg

Wiring:
under_hood.jpg

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Looks good! How does it sound?...and why the new tweeter location couldn't you make it fit on the factory position somehow?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
im liking it

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice install man, how much room do you have in the center console yet? Im getting ready to start my box soon, its going to have 2 downfiring 10's under the back seat, with an amp rack in the middle or under the passenger seat, havn't decided yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the complements guys!

Looks good! How does it sound?...and why the new tweeter location couldn't you make it fit on the factory position somehow?
It sounds pretty good, it took me a while to get the balancing right. It could be made better with a new HU or a sound processor. I'm eying a pioneer AVIC nav unit. I didn't like the factory tweeter placement, so I discussed it on the caraudioforum and determined bouncing sound off the windshield isn't the best idea. No complaints here.

looks good man, any rattling?
There was some rattling at first, but the addition of some soft foam took that away. Only items in the tray rattle now.

THAT is killer. The amps won't get hot though?
My amps are overkill for the volume I listen at, so they don't even get warm.

nice install man, how much room do you have in the center console yet? Im getting ready to start my box soon, its going to have 2 downfiring 10's under the back seat, with an amp rack in the middle or under the passenger seat, havn't decided yet.
I have about 1" down and 1" up for items. I have my stock TCM and ECM in there right now, and that is about all the room left. It could be done with a smaller sub to allow for some more storage space.

·
Maniac
692 Posts
How did you wire the amps to the head unit? I am slowly gathering all my equipment and that was something that was holding me back. I know I need a line converter or something, but stereo wiring scares me, and I don't want to fuck anything up. I like the stock head unit too much to ditch it for aftermarket, I know, I'm weird. :crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first picture shows the PAC AOEM-GM1416 adapter hanging down. It plugs between the head unit and the factory harness and provides the 4 RCAs you see in the pic.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
How does all of this sound? Does yours have any kind of high or low off pitch? I want to just buy the pro-box set up and just put a good amp to it and call it a day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How does all of this sound? Does yours have any kind of high or low off pitch? I want to just buy the pro-box set up and just put a good amp to it and call it a day.
I've got the sub sounding great, but with the factory HU, it is a little difficult to get the most out of the speakers. That is why I'm looking to get something with more than 3 band equalization...

·
Registered
3 Posts
that install looks great, I'm hopfully going for that type install so i can keep the space under my seat, but I do use the center console alot so not sure yet. But great job looks really good and is stealth

·
181 whp
152 Posts
Do you have any pics of what the back on the console looks like from the back seat? Thats a nice clean install you did man! very nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts