GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I finally got my lowering kit installed the right way and ive got an alignment appointment tomarrow. I had to replace both upper control arms on both sides because my installer fucked them up. I noticed when changing them that there is a blue plastic piece and a white plastic piece with a hole in them on each side. Im assuming this locks the camber into position at factory height. my truck is lowered 4/7 do I need to tell my alignment shop to remove these plastic locks so my truck will align perfectly?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the truck lowered 4" in the front will it align to factory specs?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Yes it will. Anything over 4" and if start to worry about camber maxing. (with a spindle/coil).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:word: mcgaughys coils suck, I learned the hard way.
How did you learn the hard way?

I was on MCG website today and noticed some footnotes abouth my kit. It is note V8: The coils were engineered for a truck with a v8 engine. If coils are installed on a truck with a 6 cyl engine the full drop will not be achieved and the rear will sit lower than the front.

My truck is a v6 so my springs might not sag as much.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have a 2/5 drop. It originally consisted of coils only in the front. At first it aligned, then after a few months camber slipped out, I say there while they tried to align it and it maxed out. My tires wore on the inside and I had to replace them. Cost me 2 tires.

I replaced the coils with stock coils and bought 2 inch spindles, haven't looked back.

Measured just before I took them off and they sagged to over a 3 inch drop no wonder camber maxed with a 3 inch coil! Sad.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im gonna be running 24's if this happens to my springs im gonna be calling MCG and doin some bitchin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts