GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help from the guys that have a NNBS

I have a problem with my AUX input involving Static
I have a sirurs Starmate replay that I have connected to the AUX input. Everything sounds good but, as soon as I touch the break pedal, my power seat, anything that has something to do with a relay somewhere in my dash (driver’s side) I get real bad static from the speakers.

I have tried 2 different cables. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
140 Posts
I own a Scion xB with an aux input and many of the folks complained that they were having problems also. In their case, it had to do with a ground loop problem. Plugging in a device to the aux port that was also connected to 12v was doing it. My Tom Tom playing mp3 sounds good if I run it off the Tom Tom's internal battery. If I plug it into the 12 receptacle I get problems.

Here is link to one of the threads about it.
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92848&highlight=ground+loop

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
I use my Aux input all the time with my ipod and dont have any problems. The only thing i notice is a very slight static in between songs when nothing is playing. I have not tried with my ipod plugged into 12 volt so i could not tell you if that is the problem. Let us know if you figure anything out just in case i start having the same problem

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
run a ground loop isolator. I bought one at best buy and haven't had a problem since.

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, last night I figured out my problem. My Startmate was plugged in my rear seat 12 volt accessories. As soon as plugged it in either the 2 front 12 volt accessory the problems goes away.

The problem comes back if I plug it in the 12 volt accessories under the console.

Thanks for your help guy!

:rocking:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts