GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I approve this message
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was loading some stuff into the bed today and looked at my passenger side bedrail and noticed a huge dent. I rembered I was standing in the bed the other day and put my hand on the bedrail for support but hardly used any pressure. The sheet metal is so thin. Now I either have to do bodywork and repaint or get some smooth caps and paint them to match. Sorry I just had to vent!:flame:

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I doubt you did that with just a "little pressure" I know they are thin but yours must be made out of Aluminum foil...

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
mine take some serious force to dent them. fuck GM going to plastic trucks. this shit pisses me off. OBS trucks are practically fuckin tanks.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
yeah they are for sure. lets just say pre-99 trucks.
haha :shake:

It amazes me to see how many OBS and OOBS trucks there still are on the road today. My dad's old 83 GMC is still kickin with its new owner. I know the odo had turned over atleast once in that thing too...

·
formerly "miamigrant"
270 Posts
yep, i put a matress in and a light duty ratchet strap into the stake pocket. It was barely tightened and it made a big nipple (not the fun kind) right next to the pocket. WTF is that?

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
lol but that thing is a beast...it stands a good chance of outliving its owner. :crazy:
:shake:

I have little doubt of that.

And fwiw...my bedside rails look to be in pretty straight condition. The tailgate's just taken a country ton of abuse over the years.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts