GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes on my nnbs only have about 14,000 miles on them and they squeek like no other! I've never had this problem with previous trucks after suck a short time. I checked the pads and they have plenty of life left in them. I hate sounding like a damn bus when I stop. Anybody else have this problem? any quick easy fixes? It's a stupid question but I feel like a nearly brand new truck should have brake problems. :think:

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Back out of your driveway/parkig spot and hit the brakes firmly on your way out and then sort of drag them a little. I used to get customers who would complain about a brake squeaking and some i could get rid of by telling them they are semi-metallic (metal on metal speech) others i would take thier car out and stop a few firm times in reverse and tell them i reseated the pads. Others i would take the tires off and hit the rotor with a brown or red "cookie" or pad for the angle die grinder and that would allow the pad to "reseat" on the rotor.

Try those and it usually works. My NNBS squeals at a stop in city traffic, but i jsut hit them firmly in reverse the next morning and it is gone for a few days. best of luck.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
get some new raybestos pads and put them on yourself...only 2 bolts and they dont cost much. Factory pads are junk.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the help. I try that trick in the morning. Where can I get the raybesto brakes pads and how much do they run?

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
You dont have to use raybestos, just get a good quality ceramic pad. The squeaking is just a shitty pad. Just replace them and call it a day.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You dont have to use raybestos, just get a good quality ceramic pad. The squeaking is just a shitty pad. Just replace them and call it a day.
My friend works at O'reilly. I'm gonna see what he can get some for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts