GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help took my drive shaft to the shop today to have it lengthened by 2 3/4 inches.
after i left they called me and told me that they don't make tubing longer than what i have.
any one with the nnbs cc have there shaft done i believe it is like 83" stock?

thanks for any help

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
need some help took my drive shaft to the shop today to have it lengthened by 2 3/4 inches.
after i left they called me and told me that they don't make tubing longer than what i have.
any one with the nnbs cc have there shaft done i believe it is like 83" stock?

thanks for any help
I need to get mine lengthened too. Jon (Lifted07Duramax) had his lenghtened and I its for sale right now. May check that out. I'm trying to find a place that will lengthen mine around here. How much did they quote you BTW?

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
You need to find another driveshaft shop then, or get a steel one made. I have a steel one and works great, much better when dragged also. Just make sure its balanced

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
You need to find another driveshaft shop then, or get a steel one made. I have a steel one and works great, much better when dragged also. Just make sure its balanced
What did your steel one run you, if you remember?

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
The cost of steel two yokes and my welding wire and argon/c02 :crazy: Ill be making another soon once i get my 241/205 going but high angle will be making that one

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
The cost of steel two yokes and my welding wire and argon/c02 :crazy: Ill be making another soon once i get my 241/205 going but high angle will be making that one
:D gotcha

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Steel one will be cheaper. Prolly you can build a whole steel shaft with .083 wall for as much as they will charge to retube the aluminum shaft!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Steel one will be cheaper. Prolly you can build a whole steel shaft with .083 wall for as much as they will charge to retube the aluminum shaft!
:hmm: Ill have to look into that then.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Not many shops fool with aluminum shafts. PM crunk and see how much his new steel shaft cost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts