GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found someone on RGV that put the HD2500 hood on the 1500 without doing the complete front end swap. As you can see it does bolt up, but overhangs the grille quite a bit....I dunno

hd2-1.gif

hd.jpg

hd1.jpg

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
looks good, better if it was lifted though :imo ... I think Id rather spend the money on one of the aftermarket hoods though. Unless I found a killer deal.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Oh and Dmax louvers FTL

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya I just posted these because some of us were wondering if it was a direct swap...now we know it isnt.
I personally wont be going this route, plus I dont like the HD frontend, I hate the grille piece on the hood....thats one reason I didnt buy a GMC.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya but the complete HD conversion doesnt look good IMO....it hangs way past the side body line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
that's why you have to get the cap for the grille also.
Not including the cap, there is a height difference between the the two grills. Easiest way to think of it is that GM used taller bumper end caps and the taller grill to kind of overlap, and hide the taller HD frame. Most parts will switch back and forth(expcept grills), but not using all of one type of front end will leave you either making custom pieces or having things be off by at least a little bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is an older pic of my truck next to my brother in laws 1500, you can see the grill height differences, the diff is 2 inches not inc. the trim strip on the hood.

change.gif

1241057628831.gif

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
id roll it. i dont think itd be that big a deal on a darker color truck, its gonna be more prominent on that bright red.

and the full hd swapped trucks front end looks like doo doo. the grille is too damn big for the truck. its like a big gaping hole. needs billet or something.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts