GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, every once in a while I pass a nnbs going down the road that has a different kind of molding than mine it's smoother and has a chrome strip running along the top. It kind of looks like it might be what comes on a tahoe or something or maybe its part of the chrome package? Does anyone have this or know what I'm talking about, I was hoping its something i might can order of gmpartsdirect or something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If im not mistaken i think the gmc sierra all terrain edition has molding that matches that description. Also ive seen some chevys with a chrome package (rims, trim, and the escalade white paint) that may have that trim too. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also saw a guy who used dodge chrome molding on his extended cab nnbs and it turned out really nice. So you got a few routes you can go.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I have that molding on my truck. Yes, it is part of the Sierra All Terrain package. Also part of the package is a special grill, wheels, and fender badges.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I was just starting to wonder if that chrome strip is a separate piece. I'm tossing around the idea of blacking out my truck, but, I want to keep the door molding if possible.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I'll check into it, I like the look of it, it adds a classier denali or escalade look. I have the z71 appearance package im pretty sure it's chevy's version of the all terrain package with the rancho shocks and stuff wish it could've came with that molding. That being said I'm off to the junk yard in search of wrecked denali's or chrome packaged silverado's and all terrain gmc's!

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Z71 is NOT an appearance package. My truck has both the All Terrain Package AND the Z71 Package.

Z71 is Metal Skid Plates and Ranch Shocks. Forgot about the stupid stickers and the badge on the cluster.

All Terrain is an appearance package that consists of a unique grill, chrome side moldings, fender badging, Yukon style dash, and leather seats with unique coloring. Mine are black with brick inserts. For 2009, the AT package also included unique 18" wheels. I believe those wheels have been bumped to 20" for newer models.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Jaymez, Chevy has the Z71 Appearance Package which adds a colormatched bumper, grille, and some other odds and ends.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Foot, meet Mouth. Insert and Chew.

Z71 never used to be an appearance package....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea if you're talking chevrolets, z71 appearance package comes with ranchos, other z71's without that package have the standard black shocks. I was just saying suspension wise and cosmetic wise the all terrain package and appearance package seem to be close to the same thing

·
Registered
27 Posts
the Z71 package is the skid plate and stickers pretty much. The appearance package has color matched front bumper and grille like the tahoes, slightly diffent cluster, chrome door sills, chrome tow hooks and a few other worthless things. I got it on my truck just because I wanted the color matched front it. Looks pretty sharp

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea I love the interior, matched lower valance and chrome hooks but i swapped my white grille for a chrome one the day i got the truck I didn't really like it on white it needed some contrast. i'm not a fan of the z71 stickers either but havnt taken them off yet.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
bro id kill to have your z71 stickas lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts