GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some trucks have a +/- for choosing your gear on the column shifter. Can that be added to any truck? I've got the 4 speed transmission, the only trucks I've seen it in have been HD's and 1500 crew cabs with the 6 speed transmission. Just wondering if its as simple as adding in the DIC controls or if its not worth the effort..

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Im pretty sure it wont be a simple change, if its even possible.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Its for Allison tranny's..

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
I've noticed some trucks have a +/- for choosing your gear on the column shifter. Can that be added to any truck? I've got the 4 speed transmission, the only trucks I've seen it in have been HD's and 1500 crew cabs with the 6 speed transmission. Just wondering if its as simple as adding in the DIC controls or if its not worth the effort..
No, this is a 6 speed tranny feature only(6l80E or Allison). The 4 speed tranny's computer won't know what to do with it.

I got it on mine & its pretty cool. Will come standard with any truck with a 6 speed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No, this is a 6 speed tranny feature only(6l80E or Allison). The 4 speed tranny's computer won't know what to do with it.

I got it on mine & its pretty cool. Will come standard with any truck with a 6 speed.
:flame:I want a 6 Speed:sparta:

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
I've never even used the thing...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts