GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just did a 2in spindals in the front and a flipkit in the rear (Mcgaughys)and alsp installed the monroe airshocks on the rear. The problem I have my airshocks dont seem to air-up all the way. My guage says it has 100lbs of pressure but moves nomore than 1"-1.5". I checked the lines and no kinks or leaks. Do you guys happen to have of pic of the way the airshock looks aired up. What do you guys think may be wrong?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I think that is all the air you can put in them dude. They are not going to air up your rear end that much. Also you do not want to run that much air in the those all the time. I think that can hurt them if I'm not mistaken.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
They're not made to by fully extended all the time. I'd do 70 max just driving.

Mine lifted the rear a lot, like 2 inches if I put 90 in there. Perhaps buy struts and do a 3/6 or 4/7? Or a rear lift hanger and real shocks for 2/5?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're not made to by fully extended all the time. I'd do 70 max just driving.

Mine lifted the rear a lot, like 2 inches if I put 90 in there. Perhaps buy struts and do a 3/6 or 4/7? Or a rear lift hanger and real shocks for 2/5?

How much of a lift did it give you at 70? I know I have to take in consideration that I have a crew cab. I think I would have been happy with
2in lift at 90. I was just going to run this set-up untill I bought my belltech struts. This wasnt going to be permanent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just let your truck have a little cali lean to it. I wouldn't want to mess up the shocks.

A little?? Thats a huge lean!! Lol! :crazy: Its not my daily driver so, I'm not driving it like that, I'm still undecided if I really want to do the 4/7 - 3/6 or do 2/5. It just seems like this Mcgaughys rear flip kit dropped it more than 7", I was so excited to drop the truck that I forgot to measure before hand so I'm not really sure how much it really dropped in the rear. I think I may have to do the 4" in the front.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is just leveled right now. I have my drop parts I just need to install them. But I'm also doing a 4/7 with air shocks. And Silveradodude has a 4/7 drop on his rcsb nnbs.
I'm leaning towards the 4/7 but what options do I have to lift the rear an 1 or 2 other than the rear hanger?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
You won't need to lift the rear if your going with a 4/7. I'm pretty sure the flip kit did not make it drop any lower than 7 inches. You still need to lower your front 2 more inches and I bet it will sit level after that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get post some pics this afternoon so you guys can see may Cali Lean. Lol!! :rofljest:

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
We just did a 2in spindals in the front and a flipkit in the rear (Mcgaughys)and alsp installed the monroe airshocks on the rear. The problem I have my airshocks dont seem to air-up all the way. My guage says it has 100lbs of pressure but moves nomore than 1"-1.5". I checked the lines and no kinks or leaks. Do you guys happen to have of pic of the way the airshock looks aired up. What do you guys think may be wrong?
with 100lbs in mine I could get 3" of lift easy, max is like 140lbs

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
with 100lbs in mine I could get 3" of lift easy, max is like 140lbs
Do you think its because of the weight difference in the trucks? The part number is Monroe #MA743 this correct one to use isnt it?

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
A little?? Thats a huge lean!! Lol! :crazy: Its not my daily driver so, I'm not driving it like that, I'm still undecided if I really want to do the 4/7 - 3/6 or do 2/5. It just seems like this Mcgaughys rear flip kit dropped it more than 7", I was so excited to drop the truck that I forgot to measure before hand so I'm not really sure how much it really dropped in the rear. I think I may have to do the 4" in the front.
i thought i read somewhere that on 09s it lowers it closer to 7.5"
you must have some mean ass cali at 2/7

You won't need to lift the rear if your going with a 4/7. I'm pretty sure the flip kit did not make it drop any lower than 7 inches. You still need to lower your front 2 more inches and I bet it will sit level after that.
it has cali at 4/7, well at least mine does, it doesnt sit leveled...:think:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts