GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 gmc w/t, black with the beige interior. I found this dashboard locally for 80 bucks, but it's got a crack next to the air bag.

IMG_20110526_183122.gif

IMG_20110318_201457.gif

other than that crack and the left clip, it looks pretty good. just wanted to see what you guys thought. is it an easy fix? will it need to be completely repainted? thx in advance for the input.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I don't think it would be too hard to fix, but, I am not sure about duplicating the texture. Sand the whole thing smooth and repaint it.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
Thats a SLE dash isn't it? I am not sure because I have a silverado, but you will have to get all new parts and possibly new door trim to fit those I believe because I think the w/t and SLE dashes are different, similar to a w/t chevy compared to a LTZ.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the guy said it was out of a tahoe or yukon. if that's the case then i guess ill just wait it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just noticed, the ac vents on my truck are on the sides of the radio. my bad lol. nevermind guys, thanks anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i talked to the guy a while ago, he said he has another one with no cracks, and it has the vents that go above the radio for $160. It's the wood grain dash. It sounds pretty good but with it be a pain in the ass to install?

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
super pain in the ass. youd prob have to reroute the hvac ducting. you would need all the trim pieces. new gauge surround. and u gotta have a ltz console.

as far as doors everything would line up though.. ive seen a rcsb with escalade door panels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meh, too much hassle for me. ill pass until a regular black dash. thx for the info guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts