GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am a real newb when it comes to electronics. What I am wanting is a Double Din DVD/CD/Radio/NAV/Backup Camera/Iphone hookup. I am liking the pioneers so far. My problem is, what do I need to integrate it with BOSE/Onstar/XM/Steering Wheel Controls? I hope this can be done. If anyone can give me some friendly advice I would sure appreciate it! And what kind of money am I looking at with all this(Ballpark) Thanks!

·
1,847 Posts
A search would pull up a ton of info. but the easiest way is to go to crutchfield.com and put in all the info for your truck and it'll tell u what harnesses u need. I'll tell u it's not gonna be cheap but it can be done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Defintely the most expensive wire harness i have ever purchased was for my 08 GMC sierra...200 for the wire harness, screw onstar...lol...then you have to buy the pac for the steering wheel controls. not going to be cheap but well worth it IMO because I love my DD Kenwood w/navi in my truck.

The install and wire harness was as much as my radio about 500

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
You are going to need the PAC adapter if you want your stereo to work the way it did stock. You are also gonna need a PAC iphone hookup. Ptr7 if you want to watch videos while you are driving. And the PAC steering wheel control adapter if you don't like using the remote. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
i recomend the periphial harness or pac like above and the pac steering wheel controller

got all mine for a 120 bucks or so

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
Ooops. Nekkid is probably right. I used the TR7 for an Alpine w505
i thought you could just ground the green wire on alpines maybeye thats kenwoods

oh i looked thats basically a real expensive relay which he can use for the non nav pioneers too

but if he gets a pioneer nav move the mute wire and ground it with the pb wire

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great info guys, thanks alot for the replies! I really like the Pioneers, are the best deals found on Ebay or is there somewhere else that has good deals?

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Your looking at about 250 retail in harnesses. Then the cost of the unit. Amazon has some good prices along with ebay.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
kenwood DNX8120 FTMFW :imo and a 15 dollar Night Vision Back Up Camera :D

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Whats that camera like? I've been thinking about doing one with my pioneer..
I like it. Its not like the one that came in my Wifes Maxima but its pretty good. It IS however Black an white bc of the Infrared for the Nightvision. It also has a distance meter thing which I tested and works pretty well :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
avic411.com if you buy a pioneer with navi and want the bypass.....
as for all of the wiring harnesses... gmoslan-01 for the headunit with bose and onstar, swi-ps steering wheel controls(for pioneer and sony radios)
40-cr-10 antenna adapter 7.00 cost but you will probably pay north of 20.00 for it. might need an ipod adapter (depending on which pioneer unit you buy) my cost on the gmoslan01 is 99.99 and the swips is 38.99
i'm a dealer and i have a shop... but most anyshop will try to gouge you on the price as accessories (wiring harnesses,dash kits, antenna adapters are HUGELY marked up)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Id check ebay first. I got my GMOSLAN01 for $20 brand new in the box and got my PAC-SWPS for $7 when CC was going out of business. Keep looking if you really want to save some money.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Steering Wheel Control = PAC SWI-JACK

e-braking/parking brake bypass (to watch video, input address for gps, etc. while moving) PAC TR7

To keep Bose & Onstar PAC OS-4.

www.pac-audio.com
SWI-PS for Pioneers
SWI-Jack for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, and Kenwood

1 - 20 of 20 Posts