GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed the 3 inch arms on my truck and took it to get aligned at a very reputable shop that does alot of work on lowered vehicles. the best they could get it was within 1 degree on the left and .8 on the right. im guessin an alignment kit will fix this? i thought i would be able to get perfect alignment with those arms so im kinda confused on why it wont.

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea man stock strut and coil. the wheels are out at the top unlike most of the time when you lower a vehicle and they pitched inside at the top. just 3 in upper and lower djm arms up front

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
where did you buy the kit from?? So you know DJM ships all kits with new plates
http://djmsuspension.com/stuff/Stuff.html

please read there. This is the main reason i try to get people to buy from me on djm items because many ohter places wont include that. This is the first ive heard of the 3 inch a arms not aligning.

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought the kit used on here from a member. he is supposed to be shipping me a belltech alignment kit along with the shocks that he forgot to send with the rest of the kit. not sure why he wouldnt have sent me the alignment cams that the kit came with?

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
i have brand new belltech cams here if it doesnt fall thru.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
used kit i allways change the bushings. I had one guy who bought a used kit and bushings were fkd up and messed up alignment. Sold him new bushings and it aligned fine after.

ive done many 3/4/5 and 6 inch front drops iwth the djm upper/lower for the nnbs and not one has had any issues. Plus i love the fact you can get full turning radius dont lose any of that.

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well hopefully the cams fix it but since i have positive camber wouldnt getting a one inch spring pull the positive camber back in? im wanting to do 4 inches in the front anyways so if the cams wont fix it thats proly what im gonna look into doing.

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
silveradodude set me straight about getting my shit aligned to specs, thanks :crazy:
i went with the bushings since they looked easier to install :)
bought them from norcal

alright i will remember that...i hope my alignment shop doesnt charge my ass for another alignment when i get the belltech kit on but i have a feeling there going to. shit
they probably will since you're gonna modify it, the dude at the shop i went to only charged me $20 to re align, not bad considering they had to adjust everything...

well hopefully the cams fix it but since i have positive camber wouldnt getting a one inch spring pull the positive camber back in? im wanting to do 4 inches in the front anyways so if the cams wont fix it thats proly what im gonna look into doing.
if you're going to do 4 up front then i suggest doing that first and then the kit to align it properly, otherwise you're going to have to get it re-aligned, again......

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea thanks for the advice man i think thats what im gonna do...get the springs and alignment kit installed and then take it to get aligned again i am pretty positive that will get it aligned right.

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
planning on gettin the belltech coils...pretty sure there a 2 in coil but come with a spacer to only get one inch drop outta them...im just scared those struts wouldnt last...who knows though?

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright john i read in another post that you thought you had read somewhere that when using the djm arms and use a coil or strut that you cant get it to align then either? anyone know if im gonna be fine using the 3 in djm arms and either belltech struts or coils for one inch for total of 4 inches up front with the belltech alignment kit?????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts