GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of a prerunner style in the way it protrudes forward. Almost done, just need to add support arms on each side, not sure if the ends will be that length or be cut shorter. We'll decide that on Friday when we continue work on it, should be done in 2 or so more hours, this was a quick project. Also need to add some type of tabs that will be set back from the front bar to hold 4 Hella Black Magics across.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Looks sick. I like it. What's the coating going to be? Paint, Powdercoat?

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, coating will be the usual LineX and Extra to tie into everything else.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Thanks, coating will be the usual LineX and Extra to tie into everything else.
Gotcha, forgot you have LineX on your truck. Should match perfect. What's the wall thickness and tubing size?

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha, forgot you have LineX on your truck. Should match perfect. What's the wall thickness and tubing size?
Wall thickness .120 for all three. Three sizes of tubing, 1 3/4", 1 1/2" and 1 1/4"

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
100 hours of fab worK? This one actually looks good at least :cheers:
Yeah probably a good 30 hours mixed in of redoing things and arguing on the original GG. :crazy:

Hey, this one only took a mere 9 or so hours.

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't get too far away in the garage. I'll take those later on.

I am not personally doing the fabrication, but I am present to lend an extra set of hands the entire time which is cool for me. This design deviated from my original sketch, but def looks better.

As stated, it's not completed yet, but it's close.

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why are the lower tubes bent, but everything else cut and welded to form a bend?
For diversity, and to match the tire mount. The outer support arms that we're gonna add will have a bend.

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the new one, I liked the old one. Either way, your truck still looks sic (checked it out at Carlisle)
Thanks man, wanted a cleaner look. Hoping someone else will appreciate the GG and take it off my hands.

·
I love me some one-off's
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks dude (then go buy a NNBS)

I'm serious, if anyone finds a buyer for my previous one I will give them a nice finders fee.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.